Chapter Thirteen

Ziva woke up the next morning with a smile on her face. She looked over at her clock and noticed that it was 7:15. She smiled as she remembered that Tony was picking her up today. She couldn't get over their almost kiss last night. What would've happened if her mother hadn't interrupted them? She smiled as she thought about it. She would have liked that outcome. She jumped out of her bed and headed towards her bathroom. She stripped from her clothes and got into the shower.

About five minutes away, Tony was doing the same thing. He was singing Sinatra, something everybody in the house was accustomed to. His mind flashed back to last night. He almost gave in to the temptation that was pulling him every which way. More than anything he wanted to kiss her. Wanted to be with her. Was it too soon? It was too soon. Right? He turned the nozzle to the shower off and hoped out. He grabbed his towel and dried himself off. He looked in the mirror of his bathroom and looked at the reflection that met him. Even after the few days they had known each other, she had changed him so much. He smiled at himself. He went into his room and noticed that his jacket was missing. He then remembered that Ziva had it. He smiled as he remembered her wearing it during his game last night. Maybe she would wear it today.

He went to his dresser and pulled out an Ohio State t-shirt. He pulled it over his head, then walked to his closet and pulled out a pair of blue jeans. He went back to the bathroom and finished getting ready. He made his way down to the kitchen and was met again by weird looks and confused expressions. His family still wasn't used to him getting up like this.

He moved over to the pantry and grabbed the Frosted Flakes and the milk from the fridge. Tim looked over and him as he sat down.

"Are you ready for the math quiz?" Tony nodded.

"Yeah. Zi helped with my homework last night and I got a pretty good handle on it. Well, I think."

Jenny and Gibbs shared a look.

"Zi?" Tony looked up at them, eyebrows furrowed.

"Yeah? Ziva." Jenny's eyes lit up whenever her sons did. Right now they were shining like bright emeralds. Ziva was something special to Tony, even though they only met a few days ago. Everybody finished up their breakfast and headed their separate ways. Tony and Tim to school in their separate cars and Gibbs and Jenny in the company car. Tony drove the drive to Ziva's house and pulled into her driveway. He turned off the engine and jumped out of the car. He moved to the porch and knocked on the front door. Not even a minute later, Rivka opened the door with a smile on her face.

"Hello, Tony."

"Hey, Mrs. David."

"Oh, please. Call me Rivka. Come in, she's just finishing her breakfast." She opened the door a little more so that he could enter the house. Tony followed her into the house and saw Ziva sitting at the island, eating what looked to be cheerios. She looked up and saw him looking at her and smiled. Her spoon dropped into the bowl and her mother came around and picked it up. Rivka put the spoon and the bowl into the dishwasher and turned around to see Tony and Ziva staring at each other. Something in their eyes made her smile, as it seemed like they were the only ones in the room. Tony looked up and met Rivka's eyes.

"Would it be okay if I took her to school?" Rivka smiled.

"Of course. Will you be driving her home as well?" Tony looked at Ziva and silently asked her with his eyes if that would be okay. Ziva looked at her mother and smiled.

"Yes, he will be bringing me home, Ima." Tony nodded.

"Okay. Would you mind bringing her straight home after school? We still have tons of boxes that need to be unpacked. I am ready for my house to be presentable." All three of them laughed.