Chapter One: Leading to sorrow

So far Chaos is only editing and helping me with ideas, that or break down and write another story of her own in Codeverse

Dream pushed back a bit of hurt when Chaos winced after she saw him, he knew that Chaos and the other Dreamswap residents were friends with him. But, once in a while, he'd catch a side look, or a wince, or a feeling of old terror.

It wasn't his fault that his counterpart was insane.

But he had scarred their minds and Souls, and he knew that sometimes, he'd set off panic attacks.

He hated that.

He just wanted everyone to be happy.

He wanted them to not have that deep fear that this was just a dream, and they'd wake up, back in their own Multiverse, and Chaos would be trapped inside of her own Soul.

"Unca Dweam!" A voice cried.

Dream laughed, and he leaned down, capturing the tiny shin and spinning them in the air.

"Have you been good Canvas?" Dream asked, setting the child on his hip, and the tiny shin nodded his head, with his ecto hair flopping all over the place.

"Mama said that Canvas a good boy, Papa said that Canvas was allowed to play with Unca Dweam!" Canvas excitedly said.

"Is that so?" Dream asked, smiling.

He did enjoy spending time with Canvas, the child was a joy.

Dream had no desire to mate or have children, his Brother's children, and his friend's children were enough. Long ago, he'd had a crush on Ink, but later on, he'd realized that he'd been more or less star struck.

Thank goodness Ink had been sealed then, Dream would have been horrified if his friend had realized that Dream had been a fan of his.

"We'll see you at Dinner, Canvas, Dream." Chaos said, before she grabbed her husband and both of them vanished into a portal.

Canvas quickly turned his gaze upon his Uncle.

"Sandcastles?" Canvas asked.

"Sandcastles." Dream grinned.

The duo quickly fled before the Meme Squad tried to join their sandcastle battle plans.

Again.

OoOoO

"We're the only ones home." DS!Cross, better known as Intersect, suddenly said.

Night.. who used to be DS!Nightmare blinked, looking up from the book that he was reading, and Errant, aka DS!Error, was resting with his head on Night's lap.

"We are not interrupting Chaos's Date day." Night said, shivering when he remembered Chaos's anger at them butting in on one of her Date days. It had not been pretty....

"Wait... isn't Fluffy babysitting the Rugrat today?" Intersect asked, perking up.

Fluffy, aka the local Dream, and probably the nicest person in this Multiverse.

Night would admit that he was jealous of the local Nightmare, this Dream was so much better than his Dream, and he was a fluff made alive.

Errant had once accidentally called Dream Fluffy, and the dark boned skeleton had learned that Dream could prank like the best of them.

They had learned their lesson, do not call Dream Fluffy where he could hear it.

They still hadn't found the last pair of knitting needles.

"Let's go and attack them with our own sandcastle." Night cackled, and the trio quickly left the building.

OoOoO

Dream snorted, as he escorted three exhausted younger skeletons, with a sleeping Shin in his arms.

"I thought it was supposed to be the adult that's exhausted." Dream mused, and the younger monsters glared at him.

"Well, you don't look like an adult." Night said.

"True." Dream grinned, since his aging had somehow stopped, and he looked like he was sixteen.

"I need a nap." Errant yawned.

"There's a few hours till Dinner, I'm making pasta." Dream said, as he gently placed the sleeping Canvas in his bed.

"Mmm.. pasta..." Intersect hummed.

"Go and take your nap." Dream said, smiling as he ushered them to their bed.

And a few moments later, Dream was the only one awake.

He tilted to the side, and he gasped, catching himself before he hit the floor. His breath came out heavily, with sweat beading briefly on his head, and he stayed there for twenty minutes, regaining himself.

"What... was that?" Dream asked, bewildered.

OoOoO

In a AU long abandoned, a tree creaked.

A branch groaned and it fell to the ground.

Nothing else could be heard, because this AU had been dying for a very long time.