𝗼𝗻𝗲 - 𝘄𝗲𝗲𝗸𝘀 𝗯𝗲𝗳𝗼𝗿𝗲

walking along the streets of tokyo alone had some kind of peaceful aura to it

walking along the streets of tokyo alone had some kind of peaceful aura to it. school had been a bitch, there was literally no other way to put it. [name] had always found walking home enjoyable. it was one of the only times of the day he could be by himself, and have time to think about what he wanted to. 

of course, he could always ditch some of his school friends if he really wanted to, but what was the point? they'd probably find him anyways, which is why walking home by himself had become part of a daily routine, even though his mother advised him against it.

sure, tokyo was a large city, filled with all sorts of people, but all he could hear at that moment was the faint rumble of distant cars, along with his own foot steps. 

his house was around the corner from here. when he got home, he'd probably have to deal with his older sister, and making dinner. he could never guarantee what time his mother would get home, and he knew his grandpa was usually late because his coaching practices went on a little while. 

he could see his house now. he adjusts his bag slightly while he walks, slowing down his pace. 

he takes the last steps of the walk, and reaches out to turn the handle. 

[name] shut the door behind him, and slid his shoes off. 

he walks up to the stairs and begins to head to his room. he changes into something more comfortable, take his homework out of his bag, puts it on his desk for later, then heads downstairs. 

he can smell something faintly, so he assumes that his sister has managed to get off her lazy ass to do some chores for once.

he walks into the kitchen, to see two people sat at a table, in quiet conversation.

"[name]! i thought i heard the door go!" 

"yeah, you did. what's cooking?"

"tonkatsu! I've never made it before, but grandpa said he'd pick up groceries on the way back from his volleyball practice, just in case i screw up." [name]'s sister, aika, leans on the counter, the ingredients on the counter behind her, something cooking already.

"well, tonkatsu isn't too hard to make, you should be fine, besides, i can help you if you need it." [name]'s mother sits at the table, doing equations. probably taxes or bills or something like that. 

[name] takes a seat opposite her. 

"so, whens grandpa actually getting home?"

she looks up at her son. 

"in all honesty, i dont know. you know what hes like, says he'll be back for dinner but hes about two hours late. the practice at your school should end at 8, but it always over runs. something about a rival school."

"the school is called karasuno i think," aika chips in, her back turned to the others,"its like a crow school or something. apparently he really wants that match to happen, you know the one with the weird name?"