He was so in love with her

Several days had passed and Gilbert and Anne had just been star struck with each other.

The snow storm had died down and Anne had returned home. Gilbert was ones again in the silence of in old home. Left to remember his sisters and brothers and father whom there laughter filled the now empty halls of his home. The next few days anne and Gilbert  were now on good terms, ruby had given Anne the green light and now all was left was to ask her and Mathew and Marilla if they could Court. Miss Stacy had talked about the queen's entry exams that we will start preparing for. Gilbert had taken the exam in advance since he knew all the good med schools would be starting there applications sooner then most schools.

Diana has found out about there Relationship the second of the storm was over her first sentence to
Anne was "finally I was hoping for this to happen before we turn seventy" anne had just laughed. ruby was fine with it too, to Diana's surprise ruby had said "Muddy is so sweet"

After school the red head and the hazel eyed boy walked hand in hand to green Gables. Today was the day he asked her.

"Anne?"
"Yes blithe?"
"I was wondering if, I don't know how to put this..."
"Gilbert your making me worried. Is everything ok?"
"Oh! Yes everything is perfect." He said stopping them and taking her other hand. "You can you do this " he said barely audible. "It's ok if you don't want to but I was wondering if I could ask Mathew if we could court each other. because I really am in it deep Anne and all I want is to be with you, to hold you. When I am with you I just loose all my logic and my heart takes over. It's been two weeks since this charade of ours has started going on and I don't know about you but I want to make sure this is something I can put faith, trust and affection in. I want to move to the next step anne. But I know you are the one in charge that is why I am asking you if I can ask Mathew? Please say yes Anne."

Anne was taken a back at first but sone she knew we're his monologue was going and her heart fluttered knowing she wanted him as badly as he her.

"Yes! Yes! A million times yes!" She said jumping into his arms given him a passionate kiss. "I can't wait to be able to see and kiss you more often" she breathed. The walked hand in hand the rest of the way to green gables.

"Hello miss. Cuthbert, I was wondering if I can speak to Matthew and yourself?"

Anne has a stupid smile on his face.

Marilla wasn't shocked by Anne's return safely after the storm, she knew the blithe household was a good one but she hadn't expected the married couple to be out. So leaving two teenagers who she thought hated each other alone for a week wasn't what she Expected to be a happy return on Anne's part and she wasn't ready to hear only good things about Gilbert. She sone found out about there 'relationship' Anne wasn't the best at not saying things. Marilla wasn't mad at all on The contrary she knew it was bound to happen one day.
"Of course Gilbert is everything all right?" Anne had went to the Parlour leaving Gilbert Marilla and Matthew in the kitchen to discuss things over.
"Ummm well I dono Marilla what do you think?" "I suppose there young but almost all the other girls Anne's age have beau's and Gilbert is a respectable and kind boy I say why not but if anything happens to her you can be sure there will be consequences"
"Thank you! Thank you! Thank you!"

When he told anne she was ecstatic.

Later that day they were under this big willow tree Gilbert laying in Anne's lap both of them reading he looked up at her and thought I love this girl.
So he whispered "I love you so much anne"

Did he say love? She definitely loves him too so she looked away from her book and said to gilbert "I love you too"

Right then and there gilbert knew he was going to marry her. One day.

Three weeks later everything was going well in there courtship intel the news that He had gotten in! To not one, not two, not three, not four, but five different schools! three of them offering scholarships. Thing was none of them were in Canada. The three that he could go to for almost free we're in Scotland, New York and Paris.

He wasn't to Keen on going so he asked and with her thoughts
"Anne penny for some advice?"
"Sure thing gilbert what's up?"
"I got in to tree top tear medical schools but there all out of country. One is in Paris, one in Scotland and the other New York I know they have the best opportunities for me but I couldn't Bear leaving you for a year at a time for  four years. I just want to be with you..."

Anne had just processed what her beau had said. she knew he was trying to get into a school but she didn't know they would be so far away. it was his dream to be a doctor she couldn't be the one to hold him back so she said "I would say do it sweetheart. Because this is your dream and I can't hold you back. How about NYU it's the only option that isn't overseas and it will be quite easy for you to visit during the summer and Christmas break"

"Anne..... I know you think your holding me back but I don't know how to live anymore without you. Your right NYU is the best option I will reply when you leave. Maybe you could come with me after your 2 years at queens we could get an apartment and you could teach."

"Gilbert are you implying that you want to marry me?"

"Yes with all my heart love" he replied.

"How about we see in two years. then you can ask me to come with you and to marry you in a most beautiful Romantical manner and I'll answer yes. But intel then I just want to be blind lovers."

Gilbert likes the plan, it wasn't  what he had expected but it was definitely something so work with.

"Well if we are just blind lovers you wouldn't mind if I did this!"

He picked her up and twirled her around anne in a fit of laughter, Finishing but stoping her still  in the air and stealing a kiss from her. He sone put he down both of them not able nor wanting to pull away, Anne played with his perfect curls. They had back up into a tree there kiss not loosing passion only now gilbert had more stability being able to put one of his hand on the tree and the other still cupping her face. Anne needed air so she took one of her hand from behind his neck and put her index finger to his lips so she could talk "I think I have fallen in love with you all over again mister blithe, I love you more then words can tell." He was smiling under her index finger. Once she stopped talking he said "I fall even more in love with you every time I see you smile" and that made her smile.

••
Hope you enjoyed!
Love ocean soldier
(don't be a ghost reader like and comment thank you)
••