Chapter 12- Circle Time

*Quinn's POV*

When the plane finally landed, I was more than relieved to get off. Until I saw the masses of paps and fans that packed the airport. Taking a deep breath, I plastered a fake smile on my face, masking the seed of irritation at the back of my mind.

"QUINN, CAN YOU SIGN THIS? I LOVE YOU!"

"QUINN, WHAT HAPPENED WITH WESLEY?"

My way out of the airport was a mess of side-hugs, signing various objects (as well as a few arms), and the repeated "No comment." or "I'm not answering questions about my personal life."

I missed Toronto. I really did. I missed the lack of paps, the amount of respect and privacy I got, the two seasons- hockey and summer-  even the harsh, chilling winds. But now, I was back in LA, where mobs were almost expected, they happened all the time. Instead of paps kindly asking permission to keep the pictures after taking them from across the street, occasionally apologising for flash at night, and telling me to have a good day, here they were all up in my face, with their flash inches from my eyes, jeering at me like I was a circus animal. 

"What, did your manager tell you to say that?"

I gritted my teeth. "I'm my own manager, you moron." I muttered, finally getting into a taxi. I gave the driver the address, and slumped in the seat, not wanting to see who or what was outside the window.

"Those paps are real jerks, huh." Said the driver, making a left. I let out a bitter laugh. "As much as I feel bad for saying this, I totally agree with you. I mean, I get that I'm in the public eye, but at the same time, it's really not that hard to ask, or keep it down at 2 in the morning. Also, I thought they were there to take pictures, not harass me about my personal life-God, I sound stuck up." 

"I'm pretty sure it's past most of those girls' bedtimes." This time, I laughed a genuine laugh. "Yeah, tonight would have messed up their sleeping schedule. I love the fans, don't get me wrong. But sometimes, going to the airport when they're tired and we're tired really isn't worth it. I would hold a public meetup if I wanted to, at a time that we're in the correct mindset to meet fans and they're not subconciously shoving each other around." The taxi pulled to a stop. "We're here." I pulled out a wad of bills. "Keep the change, good night." 

I walked a little bit until reaching the two tour busses. Sighing, I pulled my keys out. Do I stay in the original bus, with the band but have Wes come back to the same bus? Or do I stay with the others from now on? I looked at the two, almost identical keys. Gritting my teeth, I entered the original tour bus, trying to close the door as quietly as I could. Looking up, I saw the 6 boys sitting on the floor, all on their phones. 

"What the hell's this, a prayer circle?" I muttered, walking around them and into the bunk area. They had probably found out what happened through Twitter. Which kind of sucked, since in this day and age, there really wasn't any heart pouring done with friends since people would have figured out and posted what happened online. 

"A prayer circle for some of the fans we just roasted on twitter." Said Milo, quite sassily. I sighed, changing into a pair of compression shorts and a big t-shirt. Walking back out, I joined them. "Getting pissed at the fans, wether they're right or wrong won't change what's already happened." I paused, debating adding any more. 

"Just let it go. Pretend it never happened, and let's move on with life." I didn't know if I was trying to convince them, or myself. 

"I think we should all just take a break from the virtual world right now." Said Drew, putting his phone in the middle of their little circle. One by one, the rest of the phones were placed in a stack into the middle. "You know what this calls for? A writing session. Get your pen and paper out, folks."

"How is this going to solve anything? I'm over it. If anything, it's just gunna create something negative, and that's not what music is about." I did NOT want to be one of those people writing an attack theme because of my own failed romantic endeavors. No good would come out of it. 

"Quinn, do you think you're the only one in the world whose relationship has been ruined by the public? Or just other peoples' talking? We've all gone through that-hell, we can't even be seen with girls other than you without having trends online and having some fans bombard her with hate, or the pressure being too much. You're not the only one. We make music to relate, to help people through their downs and celebrate their highs." Dallas held up a finger, taking a massive gulp of water before continuing.

"There's the classic high school romance with the friends on each side disapproving and screwing around to sabotage it until it ends. We could have it like that, and if we have time, produce a music video with something like that. But like, make it funny." To the left of him, Ian was writing everything down as quickly as he could on his sheet of line paper.  After waiting for him to finish writing, Keaton fished around in his pocket, until he found a Coffee Crisp, which he tossed to me. I cringed at its gooey texture, and set it aside. 

"Right, then. The songwriting session has officially come to order. Let us all say the pledge." We all groaned, while Milo glared at us all. 

"Come on, we were all wasted."

"Drunks are more honest, now shut up and put your hand on your heart." Rolling my eyes, I put my hand on my heart. Remind me never to get drunk around Milo ever again. The last time I did, we ended up googling the script for Finding Nemo and creating some sort of songwriting ritual that involved substituting words from the shark scene. 

"I am an artist, not an angry individual that can make things rhyme. If I am to change this image, I must first change myself. Exes are exes, not revenge targets for songs." We said in unison. 

"Except for cheaters." Piped Drew, taking his hand off his chest. "Drew, not the C-word in front of Jasper..."

"Cheaters! Oh my gosh, they think they're SO cool." Making a face, Jasper switched to a high pitched voice. "Hey, look at me. I've got side guys for days! But I don't think my boyfriend I'm dating is gunna find out! Aren't I smart?" He huffed. "I hope she gets herp-"

"Right, then." I interrupted. "Today's topic is 'Ruined relationships'. Now, do you all have your stories of failure?" Everyone yelled out a name, except for Jasper who kept going on and on. He finally stopped when he caught everyone looking at him.

"That's alright, Jasper."

-

"And then she called me a joke! Like, what the hell? You're the joke that was freaking out about a pregnancy test when we hadn't even-"

"I have a joke." Whispered Keaton. The room/bus went silent, as we nodded at him. 

"What do you call Bon Jovi when they play a concert in the rain?"

"What?"

"Pon Chovi."