Uh-huh

(Vanessa ' s POV)

"Agent Melinda May, update log ninety-five, " Melinda looked at the phone, and then re-scanned her thumb. She hung up the phone.

"What? " I asked.

She slammed the compartment door, picked up an ICER, and then tossed on to me. "Someone knows, " she said and loaded hey gun.

I picked the gun up off my lap. "Shoot first? "

She nodded.

Melinda had told me everything; her relationship with Ward, how she got Skye kicked of the plane (temporarily), and that she had been reporting to Fury. The stakes were high, if Melinda got caught, we'd go down together. I have to much respect for her. I had to help.

I followed Melinda to the maintenance floor. We heard footsteps. May jumped off the ladder and began to chase the noise. I followed suit.

She walked cautiously into the lab, and looked around. I walked straight through to the cars, only to find everything the way it should be. When Melinda walked out of the lab the doors closed. She shot at the doors, twice, right where Fitz's head was, behind the glass.

I heard the shots and came out from behind the van and aimed my gun at the staircase. Phil walked through the door, on the landing.

"Put them down. Put it down May, and you can order her to do the same, "

"It's not what you think, Coulson, they're just ICERs, "

"This one's not. It's real. With real bullets. So, you better put yours down and tell me what the heck is gong on. Right now, "

"I, "

"Now! "

"I can't, " May didn't take her eyes off Coulson. Skye came bursting through the door and I aimed at her.

"You better listen to the man, agent May, " Skye ' s voice was steady. But, she was probably nervous.

"You have no idea what you're doing, " Melinda wad still looking at Phil.

"Maybe not, " Skye said.

"Look, I can explain everything. But, not here, " May lowered her ICER, I did the same.

"Why not here, you have to check with someone first? Using that encrypted phone, in the cockpit? " Phil accused.

Melinda glared at Fitz.

"Who is on the other end of that line, May? " Phil yelled.

"I can't say, "

"That's okay. I think I know. It makes sense now, why Deathlock put agent Blake in critical condition, and left you alive and well. Why he led us to the track only to disappear, instead of defending his boss. Why would he do that? Because that wasn't his boss was it?... Was it? " Phil spat.

"What are you taking about? "

"Stop lying to me. Who do you answer to? Who's the real Clairvoyant? "

"Wha, " we all fell as the plane spun around. Phil stood back up and pointed his gun back at May.

"What did you do? Where are we going? " Phil asked.

"I don't know. I didn't do it, Phil. I don't know what's happening here, I swear, "

"If your not doing this who is? "

Melinda shook her head. I was ready to take them out. Melinda just needed to say the word.

"Drop the weapons! "

"Coulson, "

"Drop the dang weapons, and kick them over to the stairs, May. Now! Now! "

I could see May debating in her head. We could take them out. But,  Melinda just couldn't do that to Phil. We both dropped our guns and kicked them towards Phil.

"Now back the heck up. Over there, " Phil and Skye followed us with their barrels. Phil grabbed our ICERs.

"Talk, I don't care which one of you. Tell us where you rerouted the plane, "

"I didn't set this new course, I swear, "

"Don't lie to me, " Phil shouted.

"We just turned around for God's sake! " Fitz yelled over Skye.

"How is this happening then? " Skye repeated.

"Head quarters can control the plane... change anything they want, " I spoke for May. Which earned me a glare.

"Let me check the instrument panel and I'll be able to, " May started.

"No way! " Fitz screamed.

"You're not going anywhere until you explain what the, " Phil was cut off by May.

"It's not us! "

"Why did you have an encrypted hard line? "

"And tried to shoot me when we found it? " Fitz called.

"Let's take a breath, "

I rolled my eyes. This is getting us no where.

"Let's not, " Phil took a step towards us.

Melinda raised a hand. She opened her mouth to speak.

"It was a line to Fury, " I replied. I'm done with this crap.

"That's the truth, " Melinda said, glaring at me, again.

"Director Fury? I haven't been able to get him on the line for weeks, "

"You were reporting to him? " Skye asked.

"That's all I can tell you, " Melinda still wouldn't budge.

"Oooh, just come out with it! " Fitz said. I agreed, I was getting bored.

"That's all you can tell us? "

"I'm under orders. Fury will tell you, "

"Well was this an order? To shoot me in the bloody head? "

"Hold on. We're not headed to Fury any more, "

"I don't know where headed, and I can't get Fury on the line because Fitz cut the line! "

"Skye told me too, " Fitz interrupted, again.

"Some one was talking to the Clairvoyant, the real Clairvoyant, " Skye made an excuse.

"You were in the walls Fitz, enlighten us on why? " I asked.

May and I both knew why, before we left on our trip, Fitz and Simmons were trying to upload blood samples to the Hub.

"Sure, because that's relevant. Don't try and turn this around on me! "

Phil looked at Fitz. "Fitz? "

We could have knocked all three of them. out, then and there. I looked at Melinda. She wasn't preparing to attack them. So, I stayed put.

"I was trying to speak to Simmons, at the Hub, " Fitz confessed.

"You needed an encrypted line? What's so secret that, "

"Well you tell me. Simmons and I know you two have been whispering things, keeping stuff from us, about the drug that saved Skye ' s and your life. Simmons is just trying to figure out how the whole thing works, " Fitz screamed back at Phil.