Unexpected Outcome

Y/N's POV

It was afternoon and I was in the library I just finished classes at that time and have to do errands there. As I was putting the books that were borrowed from the library in an orderly manner of categories. 

Suddenly Myoui Mina 12th grade highschool student the girl whom I think of the cutest in all of the girls that I saw in my life, the girl who is my type because of her addorable personality, those looks that make you wonder how can someone be this too gorgeous thus I don't want to get involved with her afraid that something bad might happen, afraid that I'm not worthy to be hers so I gave up the hope that she will be interested in me since I'm no fun to be with surprisingly she went to the library running towards me and said.

"Sorry, I ran late because of extra classes," Mina said, panting heavily.

"This is a library. Don't make so much commotion" Y/N replied.

"Whatever you say" Mina said, rolling her eyes away from him.

Mina is new to the library thing that I'm interested to be working around since I love reading books, and it was like my comfort zone and helped me busy from being alone.

*Mina gently puts back the other books that Y/N was arranging*

"What are you doing?" Y/N questioned Mina facing her.

"Putting the books back." Mina replied.

"Your doing it wrong those are fiction novels, and this shelf is for fantasy books." Y/N replied looking at her.

Mina then looked at the book and said.

"Hmm same difference to me" 

Y/N then sighed and gets the book that she arranged and returned it to the cart to return the books to where it belongs, he started pushing the cart to the next shelf, Mina chased him and walked along side him.

"Just teach me and I'll do it right!" Mina said to Y/N while she stops her cart from moving.

"You just need to learn the category codes." Y/N replied while arranging the books she arranged earlier.

"But there's so many of them" Mina replied frowning in a cute way.

"Oh yeah, you gotta hear what I saw on TV yesterday!" Mina suddenly shouted those words cheerfully out of the blue.

"Keep it down" Y/N replied looking at her seriously.

"Sorry" Mina replied quietly.

"May I ask why do you not hang around with people?" Mina asking him curiously.

Y/N didn't reply back to her question so Mina thought it was a sensitive question for him.

"Sorry I shouldn't have asked you that." Mina apologized sincerely.

"It's okay" Y/N replied though he kinda find Mina as a curious person. 

"See you around then I'll be joining you here soon!" Mina replied cheerfully.

"Mhmm see you around." Y/N replied widening his eyes.

I was surprised that why would she suddenly be into books these days maybe that's why she was helping me at the books earlier I thought so myself. 

When Mina picked her bag up and left, Y/N suddenly noticed that there was book that someone hasn't put it back to the shelf he was curious what kind of book it was so he approached the table where the book was lying around he then reads it and read the title "Living with Loving" 

"A diary?" I whispered to himself.

As soon as he read the title he became more interested so he skimmed thru the pages what caught his eye that there was a sentence that is in the book saying.

 "2/13/2018

I just got confined to a hospital due to diarrhea and shortness of breath I let myself get checked up and waited for the test results of why I was feeling ill. Eventually, the test results came out and found out that I was diagnosed of Appendiceal Cancer. The doctors can't tell when I'll die because there are no cure for cancers yet. They said that I can die if the tumor hasn't been removed but it won't mean that my cancer will be gone so there's no answer if i'll die or i'll live"

Mina then opened the door and saw me reading her book and told me.

"That's mine" 

I suddenly heard a voice of a woman coming from my back so I turned around to see Myoui Mina which made me a little shocked. What does she mean by that's mine?, Is she sick? and thought why would I mind if she's sick I was thinking.

"Huh?" I said to her curiously.

There was a short silence of us staring at each other. 

"Bet you're surprised, but not as surprised as I was, I thought I'd lost that thing and look came back here to look around and find it, only to find you holding it!" she said walking closer to me speaking the words cheerfully.

I was wondering if she did it on purpose so that I can read it but I wouldn't think she would do something like that. Besides she is always that cheerful even on serious things that happen to her she always thinks positively which one of the reasons why I admired her.

"Oh, is that so? Here you go then" I replied.

Giving the her book that I read.

"You read it, right?" Mina asked me while I picked the other books that are scattered around the table arranging it.

"I call it "Living and Loving" ever since I learned about my Appendiceal Cancer, I've used it like a diary." Mina telling me about her diary while I'm looking at her while she looks at her book.

Then she looked at me and asked.

"You don't think I'm joking, do you? My sense of humor is not that dark" while I returned the books to the shelves as I didn't reply to any of what she said.

Her smilling face turned into an upside down while her head tilted down wards.

"I might die soon if the cancer can't be prevented." Mina speaking the words silently.

"You don't say" I replied.

"HUH? Were you even listening to me? Don't you know how to comfort or help them to stay positive?" her voice rising.

I knew I was kind of cold to her but like I said I don't like getting involve to people especially who are popular at school because I don't like getting judged by others, but I should say something nice to her I thought.

"I mean at least spend your time with your loved ones or do something you like instead of being around with a boring person." I replied.

"But I like being around with you," 

Hope you like my 1st book I'll try my best to finish this since my 1st Momo book failed because I can't execute it so I deleted it. T_T SORRY 

But this time I'll finish this one promise THANK U FOR READING! STAY TUNED :)))