Chapter | three

~ The Business Party ~

--Amelia's p.o.v--

I woke up with the immense pain in my head. I looked around only to find myself in the unfamiliar room. The panic surged into my veins. Then I remembered that I was married and was probably at my husband's house.

I groaned and massaged my aching temples. I searched for my phone. It was placed on the bedside table. A glass of water with the note stick to it was placed on the table. The words 'Drink me please' were written on the note. I noticed the some pills were beside it. The words 'Eat me please' written on the note.

I smiled like a goon. Then my smile wavered a little. It could be a maid. I shrugged and took a pill with some water to relieve my raging headache.

| ~ |

After dressing up in the white tank top and high waisted blue jeans, I checked myself in the mirror. I decided to wear some oversized checkered shirt over the tank top with its front buttons open. I wore my favourite sneakers and headed towards the door.

I began humming a random song in a low voice as I descended the stairs carefully. My head was still aching. I took my time to observe the house. It was absolutely cute with white and beige colours everywhere. I liked how it wasn't so dark like every high class house was.

The smell of eggs and bacon met my nostrils. My mouth watered instantly. I followed the smell while my fingers caressed the silver chain that was dangling from the belt of my jeans. I entered the kitchen surprised to see Noah's massive back. I thought he would be gone by now.

He turned and set the plate of scrambled eggs on the small dining table that was also placed in the kitchen. His piercing gaze met mine. He looked surprised.

"You are early. I didn't wake you up as you looked tired last night." He said removing the apron from him.
"Um I guess my eyes just opened today. Usually I don't wake up this early." I said to him while sitting on one of the dining chair. I thanked him for the breakfast.

He just nodded at me and sat across me. As soon as the first bite of bacon hit my taste buds, I knew it will take ages for me to forget that taste.
"You are so amazing. It's so tasty." I said thanking him. I was glad I didn't moan because that would be awkward.

His lips twitched as he nodded.

"I am glad you like it." He exclaimed. I thought I heard him say that before. I tried to remember what happened last night. My eyes widened when the some bits flashed in my mind. Me saying stupid words to him, probably about his body.

"I-I really sorry about last night. Actually I know I just did something inappropriate but don't seem to remember that. But I am apologising." I said quickly releasing my fork in my plate.

His head snapped towards my face.
"Oh that was nothing. Don't worry. It doesn't bug me." He said and rubbed his thumb over his lower lip to get rid of the food grain. My insides flipped.

Oh dear Lord. That was sexy as hell.

"I have to tell you something." He said casually. I frowned but nodded at him.

"I wanted you to go out with me in the business party tonight. If it is too early for you, you can tell me. I won't bother you. Like seriously it's your choice."