Drip-drop

Drip-drop goes the rain,as it slips from the sky and slowly trickles down the window panes of a lighthouse in Maine painted beautifully with red and white stripes making it look like a candy cane. The lamp cuts a bright beam of light through the fog and clouds,guiding the straying ships to safety in the bleak night while it shrouds the ships with a pitch blackness only known to the sea. On the land,the rain washes down the paths of the wilderness trails and over into the many little streams that writtle the woods.

Drip-drop goes the rain,trickling down the green corn stalks in the Ohio fields. A mother goose shelters her little goslings under her protective wings while the rain and wind soak the barns and farm houses. As the rich dirt turns a dark deep black and the puddles slowly form in the fields,the farmers hurry to get the horses and cattle from the pens to the red paint chipped barn to shelter them from the drenching rain.

Drip-drop goes the rain while the menacing black clouds flood the skies and soak up the sunshine from the ground like a sponge over Kansas. One drop,then another and another until the sky seems to shatter and drench the earth with little shards of liquid glass. The horses kick and neigh in fear as the thunder crashes with a loud booming and the large blast of light,the cows moo and keep their young close and protect them with their life.

Drip-drop goes the rain as it plummets from the sky and crashes onto the roof of the Seattle Space needle and trickles down the windows,finally falling to the ground. The rain washes the bottoms of shoes across the city sidewalks and being tracked onto the floors of stores or one of the university buildings. The coffee shops seems to be a shelter for weary walkers who need the warmth of a hot cup of coffee or tea.

Drip-drop goes the rain while the thunder crashes over the cities in California with the sunshine bleeding through the rain and making the worn streets shimmer. The golden gate bridge seems to glow with the sunshine beaming through the support wires and glistening off the river,or glowing in the waves as the surfers try to ride them over and over. The rain slows down just enough for a little girl to run outside in her yellow rubber boots and red floral coat,to face the sky and feel the warm water drip in her long blond hair and bright blue eyes all while thinking in the back of her mind “I wonder where this rain has been.”