Invisible

Warning: includes language.
Disclaimer: all the characters except Nakamura belong to Haruichi Furudate. Nakamura is a fictional character of my own making. None of the art is mine. Full credits go to the artists. Author-chan out!

That night, Oikawa turned to Iwaizumi and asked how they were going to get to his house.

"I have a plan, but you're not going to like it," he replied. Tooru looked anxious.

"Iwa-chan? What is it?" he asked nervously.

He sighed. "Oikawa, you can't walk through these streets as yourself. Someone might recognize you and try to kidnap you for money. So…" He held up a black hood. "You're going to pretend to be my captive. No one will question it. But I'll have to tie you up again. I'm sorry."

Tooru flinched. "No!" He looked at him beseechingly. "I'm not doing that again!"

"Oikawa, please. It's just for show. You can't walk around like normal. It's too dangerous."

"What about you? What are you going to do? It's dangerous for you too!"

Iwaizumi actually smirked at him. "Trust me, it's not dangerous for me." Oikawa stared. Iwaizumi was talking about walking the streets at night in the worst part of town. And he said it wasn't dangerous for him? 

His shoulders slumped. "Alright," he muttered, submitting to the ace's plan. "But Iwa-chan, I'm scared."

Hajime hugged him. "It's okay," he whispered. "Don't be afraid. I'll help you."

He started tying his love's hands together, making sure he could get out if he had to. Tooru leaned his head on Hajime's shoulder. He couldn't watch.

"I'm so scared," he whispered. "I don't know what's going on. I don't want to go out there. Don't leave me in the dark, Iwa-chan, please…"

"I'm sorry. This is the best way." Iwaizumi rubbed his back. And started loosely tying his legs together. Oikawa didn't resist, but he started shaking. Iwaizumi hugged him again.

"Trust me," he said, looking deep into Oikawa's eyes. He slipped a sightless black hood over the brunette's face, hiding him from prying eyes.

Hajime stood up, gently pulling Tooru with him. He pulled out a switchblade and held it easily in one hand, a warning to any interested parties that his captive was not for sale. 

He nodded to Nakamura, who saluted him street style. He saluted back and confidently strode out the door.

He took Oikawa back to his house. Iwaizumi hesitated, trying to decide what to do. He came to an abrupt decision. He pulled Tooru into a hidden alcove.

"Oikawa," he breathed. "We're at your house. I'll take off the restraints in a moment. Get your parents. Tell them everything about Akane kidnapping you. The gang that held you was the Snakes, if you didn't know. Make sure they're arrested. But do not tell anyone I was involved. Say you escaped when some random guy threw a bottle down in front of the car. Say you saw your chance and managed to run for it."

"No! Come with me!" Tooru protested.

"I'm sorry, Oikawa. I can't come with you right now. But don't worry. I'll protect you. You won't see me, but I'll make sure you're safe." He rubbed his love's back reassuringly.

"No! I won't accept it! Come on, Iwa-chan!" He wriggled, loosening the ropes. Hajime had tied them loosely enough he could get out, but it was going to take a few minutes.

"I'm sorry, Oikawa. You won't see me for a while. I'll come back soon, I promise. Now go. Make sure they go to jail." He walked Tooru up the steps of his house.