Chapter 4

"Prince Benjamin Oswik of Norton. Son of King Desmond and Queen Hanna Oswik. Age 21. Height 5 foot 10. Graduate of Norton International University. Architect by Profession. Loves arts and painting", Miss Rowena lectured as she pointed on the picture of the young and handsome man on the projector.

We were on the 13th man on their list. We were doing a background check, as I have requested, on these bachelors in order to lower the number of people I am supposed to choose from. So far, there were quite interesting men but there were those who were completely boring.

"Next. King Johann Darwin of Aspen. Son of the late King Arthur and Queen  Georgia Darwin. Age 23. Height 5 foot 11. His father died of cancer when he was 15, he has been King ever since, ruling alongside his mother the present Queen. He says he has kept himself single because apparently, he has liked you for the longest time, my Queen", she paused.

I eyed my council and noticed their eyes light up. I'm pretty sure they are betting on this King Johann because, obviously, he's a King. I rolled my eyes at the sight. How can someone like a person they've never even met? How naive.

"Charles Justin Paige of the Kingdom of Dawson. Age 20. Height 5 foot 10. He is the eldest son of James and Mary Paige. Their family owns multiple companies in Dawson and he is the heir to it all. Presently, he is a graduating student of Dawson Business School taking up Business Management and is a runner up for Magna Cum Laude. Charles describes himself as a sporty person; he loved golf and tennis"

Several more names popped up on the screen and I was beginning to get extremely bored. All these men are just the same. Isn't there anyone who likes the same things as I do? I mean there is one who also likes going on adventures, but he looks kind of stiff. There's also one who likes photography, but he looks too fragile. Seriously, is there no man in this planet who is actually good for me?

"And lastly, Prince Gerad Locke of Charles"

"Seriously?", I exclaimed in surprise.

"Yes, your majesty. Age 21, height 5 foot 11. Prince Gerad is–"

"You don't have to introduce him. I know exactly who he is", I rolled my eyes.

Gerad was my childhood friend, though the last time I saw him was during my coronation almost 4 years ago. He was my best friend, Princess Gillian's older brother. I can't believe even he agreed to be part of this. Well, I guess it's good to have atleast one who was already familiar to me, altlhough Gerad and I never really met eye to eye. We were polar opposites.

"What do you think, your highness?", Miss Rowena asked and I was pulled away from my thoughts.

"Well...", I begun, not really knowing what to say. This was more difficult than I thought. I was under the impression that a background check would be enough to let me know who was good and who was not. I guess I have no choice.

"I've decided that I would like to meet them in person. I will make my decision after my birthday celebration. For now, take away those who are aged 18 below", I continued. That's it for now because I simply have no interest in dating someone who is younger than me.

"As you wish, your highness", she began to scan through the folders. I waited restlessly as she pulled out some of the papers and set them aside. Once she was done, she looked back at me.

"You still have 14 men to choose from, your majesty", she said.

"Atleast it has been lowered down. Sir Anthony, I expect the damage report about the recent attack as soon as possible so we can start the renovations. Miss Vena, how are things at the evacuation center?

"Good, your majesty. The injured civilians are recovering. Food and medicine supply is running smoothly. Although, there is a tropical storm headed for Esteros a few days from now, we might need extra blankets", Miss Vena Woods, the Minister of Social Affairs, explained.