What'd I Do?

"One means none and we're home free. Two means three and a diamond ring. Yeah, wonder what fate is gonna decide. We're just sittin' around waitin' on two pink lines."

"Dude you're having Christian Yelich's baby," Alex says laughing as I unbox the tests, "I'm gonna be an uncle to Yeli's kid."

"Can I kill him?" I ask looking Natalia dead in the eyes, "I'm gonna kill him. I'm not fucking pregnant." 

"I probably can't let you kill him, I'd be an accessory," Natalia says looking at one of the boxes herself. 

"Wow, my own twin sister," Alex says leaning on the counter watching as both Natalia and I examine the boxes of pregnancy tests. "Jesus christ you just pee on the fucking thing and wait like five minutes for either one line or two to tell you if you're knocked up. It's kinda idiot-proof. If Morgan can manage to figure it out you can." 

"Alright if you ever get fucking Morgan pregnant I will kill you," Natalia says emphasizing the "I" while glaring at Alex. 

"God if Morgan gets pregnant I'll kill myself." I just scoff rolling my eyes as I grab the box and opening it and pulling out the two tests and head into the bathroom ignoring them bickering about Morgan. I've apparently got bigger problems on my plate than Alex being a fucking idiot. 

I shut the door behind me making sure to lock it knowing damn well neither of them are above barging in. Taking a deep breath I rub my hand over my face before around the back of my neck and holding it there while I look in the mirror. This really cannot come out positive. There is no chance in hell that this ends well if I am pregnant. How the fuck would I even contact Christian? For the Gala I worked through Joe, kinda don't want to have to do that with this. I'm sure he'd rather this be handled discreetly too should this be a thing. 

Alright, I can't just stall this now. Taking a breath I tear open the two packages and get them all set so I can pee on them. Five minutes until we know. Five minutes before I down the rest of that bottle of wine, or five minutes until I try and not jump out of the fucking window. Capping the tests again I set them on the counter. Now we just wait.

Sitting on the now shut toilet I just stare at the two pieces of plastic sitting there holding my future in hands. Holy fuck this can't be happening. My eyes stop being able to focus on them as I lose my breath feeling like I just got punched in the stomach by Mike Tyson. Holy fuck this can't be happening. I can't be pregnant. Not right now. Not yet. I'm just gasping for air as I wait for the results to pop up as I choke on the air it doesn't even feel like I've taken in making everything that much worse. My cheeks burning with the tears I can't manage to stop as I clutch my chest just trying to fucking breathe right now. How the hell do I handle a kid? I barely know how to handle myself let alone a fucking baby. What if something happens? How do I even contact Christian? Would he even want this kid? Would he want me to get an abortion? Do I want an abortion? Holy fuck I've been drinking a decent amount this last month what if I fucked this kid up already? Choking on air again I barely get up and into the sink before I puke because of my throat closing. 

When I finish puking again I finally am able to catch my breath, I guess that's one way to stop a panic attack. Checking the time on my phone I look at the two plastic sticks on the counter. Holy fuck. Grabbing them both I head out of the bathroom back into the living space. Natalia and Alex stop bickering and look to me both of them wanting to know what's up. I toss the tests to them and grab the bottle and yank the stopper out of it once again immediately pulling it to my mouth and downing the rest of it. 

Once the half of the bottle that was left is gone I set it down and look directly at Natalia, "Alright, you're officially never invited to bro's night again."