Chapter 1

꧁ꕥ꧂

"Xoana you have a meeting to attend directly after school. The Bronx Mafia has a business proposal, afterwards, you have to attend Tyler Prine's son's wedding. And later on tonight there is a business party with other successors of their parent's mafia." Thomas followed me out the door. Thomas was my parent's driver, just before the left, they promoted him to my legal guardian.

"I'm going to drive to school ok?" I looked up from my phone. He frowned.

"Be careful, go the speed limit, don't try to fight everyone who turns without a signal, BE CAREFUL!!" He tossed me my car keys. I laughed and nodded chucking my things into the passenger seat.

Xoana Kátia Cristina Naves, 16, and the current boss of the Naves Crime Syndicate's New York Branch. Freshman of the most prestigious school in the district. I'd always dreamed of being the mafia's mistress, the way ma spoke so highly of the job while she brushed my hair excited me, but now, I was living that life. And it was a dream.

"Hello? Mom?" I mounted my phone as it connected the FaceTime call.

There she was, as happy as ever holding one of my younger brothers. A few years ago, she had twins, Lucian and Lucas Naves. And of course, dad was fond of them.

"Hey, Xo!" She smiled brightly,

"Hey ma, I have a question." I tried focusing on the road and her at the same time.

"Yeah what s it-"

"Is that my baby?" Dad entered the camera, He sat beside mom and grinned wide.

If I'm not mistaken, mom was 34 and dad was 41 but they both aged slowly, you wouldn't be able to tell that ma has had 3 kids or that dad had been running a mafia since before I was born.

"Hey, dad."

"Do you need some money?" He asked,

"No-"

"Well, I wired a grand into your account anyways." He tossed his phone to the side, I chuckled and smiled.

"Dad I love you but I need to talk to mom."

"Ok."

"Alone."

He got up and left dragging my brother out behind him. I was so nervous. Ma had never denied me of anything, I had free will to do what I wanted when I wanted as long as I was safe while doing it.

"When do you think I should start having sex?" I pulled into my school parking lot.

"Y- I- you're still a virgin?" She whispered. I frowned.

"Is that a bad thing?"

"NO! No sweetheart not at all. I just assumed you'd already... you know."

"Why?"

"Because I know how hard it was for me, with peer pressure, crushes, those irresistible urges. Your father took my virginity when I was 18." She sipped her coffee.

"As to answer your question, I can't tell you when you should have sex, that is something you have to decide on your own. Honestly, I think you should wait, but telling you that isn't going to stop curiosity and those damned hormones. So when you feel the time is right, that is when you can be comfortable with giving your virginity to whomever you please."

"What if it was a girl?" I turned off my car. She smiled.

"Love has no gender, whether you want to devote yourself to man or woman, is up to you. And no matter what you decide, your father, your siblings, and I will support you."

"Shit, honey I have a meeting to go to. I love you be safe." She hung up. I could only think about how blessed I was. A lot of parents would've probably thought that what my mom just said was a crime.

I hadn't told my mom yet, but I was bisexual. I found girls just as attractive as I found boys, but hearing her say those words, made me feel more loved than I already was.

*
*
*
*
Love who you want.