Chapter 2

"Xoana Naves?" The sub looked around the classroom. Of course, I didn't answer I was to busy admiring my crush, Jacob Alfonzo. He was really the only guy I've been interested in since I declared I was bisexual. He's been there for me ever since I started high school.

"Come on guys! 3/4 of the class can't be absent! I'm looking at a room full of delinquents!" She tapped on her clipboard.

"Uh, miss, if I may?" Maddison Rheyas strutted her wannabe posh ass to the front of the class. Everyone groaned as she took the clipboard and started pointing at the students I could only assume were marked absent.

"Maddie dear," I called to her, she glared at me as I stood from my seat. The difference between the two of us is I was born into wealth, the mafia, and an insatiable thirst for general respect; whereas she's just sumptuous. Her family hasn't even made it half-way up the metaphorical hill of crime. They've only just begun being able to fund for her to be able to even attend this school. I would know, I'm the one funding them. "Why don't you give me this, and sit the fuck down." I snatched the clipboard. "Always prancing around like you're above the world and whatnot," I cackled, "BUT IN REALITY; you're nobody. You were born one and I sure hope to god you die one." I spat tossing the clipboard back on the subs desk. I knew this was bullying, and I knew it was wrong. However, she pissed me off. Walking around as if she owned this shit when she didn't.

The class chuckled as she walked back to her seat defeated, she tried hard to fit in and she gets an E for effort, but the ones who have to try and be apart of the group, are always the ones left behind holding their shoelaces.

"And what's your name?"The sub pulled me back my shoulder. On instinct I slapped her hand away whipping around ready to strangle the next rat that moved.

I met the soft slightly startled eyes of the substitute teacher before gathering myself once more. "Xoana Naves," I smiled. She gulped and took a step back.

"O-oh y-you-you're the Naves' first born and-,"

"The NY branch heir? Absolutely,"

"Ahem.. well I'm still required to make a note that you were a- uh... do I have permission to speak freely?"

I glanced around unsure if she was talking to me. Im used to the question but not from a teacher, "Permission to speak freely? What is this? The army?"

She nodded, "Ah right, you were being a bully-"

"Ma'am I can't even take you seriously," I burst into laughter, "how can you sub for a class you're afraid of?"

"Well excuse me, I don't know how I should respond within the presence of serial killer's children." She spat.

The room went silent. 'Serial killer' wasn't a phrase I took lightly, considering what repeated use of the words did to ma, hearing this civilian call my parents 'serial killers' doesn't sit right with me at all.

"Say, I wonder what my mother would think, you know hearing that phrase again after she lashed out over it not to long ago," I pulled out my phone glancing  up at the woman who became more terrified.

"Oh did you not see on the news a few years ago-"

"N-no no no I did. Your Mother Aurora Naves shot that reporter... in his face.... On live television." I could practically hear her heart.

"Oh so, would like to talk-"

"NO!"

"Xo," Jacob called from the back of the classroom. Despite me liking him, I was good at being nonchalant, I'm sure though by now he was aware of my feelings. "You're such a bully" he chuckled.

I scoffed, "Maddison needs to get a life and the school needs to stop hiring pussies to sub our classes knowing that 'Palo

"What's up?" I sat on the desk beside him, the occupant of the seat was Alex Prine-Ashford, Tyler Prine's daughter.

"Party at my house tonight, you're invited."

"I'm flattered, really," I looked at Alex, "but I have to go to Mrs. Ashford's brother's wedding tonight."

Yes, though the same age, Alex had already married off, right into the Ashford family, another American Mafia.

"I figured, I was invited as well. However, I'm not going." He tapped his pencil on the desk.

"Well, my guardian wants me to go." I frowned. He sighed.

"Sorry, maybe-"

"No worries, I love a woman who handles her responsibilities." He chuckled. My facial expression seemed neutral, but my heart was beating out of my chest, it was like he just said he liked me... or maybe I'm just overthinking it. I do that a lot.