Armageddon

"Come on!" A young Vanya Hargreeves shouted excitedly. The house was quiet except for her voice. Darkness had settled over the Umbrella Academy hours before and every one was supposed to be in bed.

Two of her brothers, Klaus and Five trailed closely behind, arms filled with materials for the late night excursion. "Shhh, you're going to wake the old man."

This particular trio of siblings had been carefully picked out for this event. Luther would 100% snitch if they had even tried to invite him. Allison looked down on certain activities and would have just scolded them for it. Ben would probably have come if they asked, but he certainly wouldn't  have enjoyed it. And Diego... Well, the three had decided that he would just be annoying.

Five had a large bottle of Jack Daniel's tucked securely under his right arm, under the other was a blanket from his bed. Klaus had two joints shoved in a sandwich bag in his pocket (but those were mostly for himself) and was carrying a stack of disposable cups. Vanya was really just happy to be included, so she brought enough joy for all three of them.

They treaded carefully throughout the house, alert and bursting with excitement.

Surprisingly enough, this had been Five's idea. The original plan was to drink with Vanya, but once he gave it a second thought, he decided that they should add in their eccentric brother to the mix because of his experience with alcohol.

Vanya giggled the moment they made it onto the roof. It was pretty dark up there, but there was just enough moonlight illuminating the space to make out the shapes of a stack of crates piled four high.

"Let's get this party started!" Klaus yelled and slunk to the middle of the open space.

The shorter boy handed off the whiskey bottle to his sister as he laid the blanket onto the cement. 

For once, none of them were wearing their uniforms. Typically they wouldn't have access to clothing outside their day uniforms, pjs, and mission outfits, but Pogo had pulled some strings and got the children's uptight father to allow the children to go shopping on their own. The clothes they purchased of course, couldn't be worn except on Sundays. Now that had been a fun experience. 

Many of their clothing choices had been predictable. Allison went straight for the flowy dresses, Diego grabbed anything that was black, while Klaus gravitated towards anything with fun colours and patterns. 

Everyone sat down, and Klaus began spreading out solo cups. He rubbed his hands together as Five started pouring the liquor.

"So, how we doing this? Slow and steady- oh! Or a drinking game? That sounds fun."

With a delighted grin, Vanya spread her legs out in front of her. She loved getting to sit normally, without having to scrunch her legs together like she had to with skirts. Pants were free and comfortable. "We should play truth or dare!"

"That," Five started, screwing the cap back on the Jack Daniel's. "Is a horrible idea."

His little sister- she wasn't really younger, but he had always thought of her as such -deflated momentarily.

"Let's do it."

Klaus clapped. "Hell yeah." He lent back on his hands, glancing up at the stars. For one of his first truly Klaus outfits, he chose to wear a scandalously tight pair of skinny jeans and a pink tie dye shirt. In all honesty, it was the most he had ever looked like himself. "Only one rule: If you don't answer the truth or do the dare, you have to drink."

"Shouldn't we-"

"Uh uh uh, you uptight little man," Klaus shushed his brother. "I said only one rule."