Entry 15 part 3

HELLO. In my last entry, I said that Lauren gave me a note. In the note, it said:

"Hey Emily, I was able to convince Alex not to tell the Principal about what you did...however, I dont think she'll remain quiet for too long. Anyways, Jessica told us to go to her place today. She said that it was urgent."

I was pretty relieved and kinda excited to finally meet Jessica after 2 whole weeks!

I smiled at him and gave him a thumbs up.

After school ended, Lauren and I teleported to Jessica's place. She looked really upset for some reason.

"What's wrong, Jessica?" he asked.

"Well, I think I found a clue about the portal..." she replied.

"Really?! Isn't that great news?" I yelled.

"No, sadly, it is not. I was looking at the book of Wefeld records and I came across a really familiar picture of a man."

"A man?" Lauren asked.

"Yes, he seemed oddly familiar. The record said that the man was really famous for magic and witchcraft. He has been missing for the past 5 years and he was also suspected as a killer 5 years ago. But thsn, he disappeared."

"A killer?!" I yelled.

"Yes. A killer. 5 years ago, a man named John Luis was killed in his own house. His neighbour was that mysterious man. Basically, the police found out that John Luis and that man was best friends but then had a huge fight a year before. Ever since that fight, the man had been spying at him from his window. And the day of the murder, John Luis's family went outside for shopping. The police predicted that the man came into his house and locked all the doors, killed him with a butterknife and then left by using magic. It sounds strange, but police found evidence that the man's badge was inside the house. And also, when the police knocked at the man's doorstep, he disappeared into thin air. The sad truth was that John Luis was stabbed in the back, the stomach and was tied up when the police found him."

"How do you know all this?!" Lauren asked in shock.

"Because, I asked the police 4 hours ago when you guys were at school."

"Well then, what does it have to do with portals?!" I asked nervously.

"Portals. Yes. Wefeld legends say that only a magician who is also a killer can open strong portals that lead to alternate universes. Well, then that means that myserious man had to do something with the portals right?"

"Ohhh, I get it now. But, how are we going to find him?"

"That's the problem, unfortunately. If you guys find a man wearing a black cape and has a mask on, yell for help. And call me."

"Alright. I'm scared..." Lauren and I said.

"Okay, this Wefeld thing is getting creepy. What if the mysterious man escaped into this world?" I asked.

"Wait, that might be true! You are a genius!!"