Traditions

Ennoshita x Reader (Reader is she/her pronouns) 

A/N: cute lil Valentine's fic with my baby boy #6 cause he needs more love ;;-;; 

To say that Ennoshita had a crush was an understatement. 

They had been in the same homeroom for since junior high.

 They had a lot of classes together. 

They even...grew up together.

 Yea. He had a crush on his best friend. 

Lucky him... 

"Ennoshita!"

 Y/N also had a crush.

 And that too, was an understatement. 

She had shared a homeroom with him since junior high. 

They had a lot of classes together. 

They even had grown up together. 

Y/N, you guessed it, had a crush on Ennoshita, her best friend.

 Lucky her... 

"Y/N! Hey!" 

Deciding to wait for her friend to walk home with him, Y/N stood at the gate, a bottle of water and a thingof hot, steaming dumplings waiting to be shared in her hands. 

"You didn't have to wait for me, you know." He huffed, a light yawn leaving his lips before he took thewater bottle out of the girl's hand with a nod, quietly saying 'thank you'. 

"So, Valentine's day is tomorrow."

 Oh shit.

 "Are you expecting to get anything from anyone?"A stiff laugh left the boy's lips, the thought of getting chocolates from her somehow a far away daydream. 

"Who, me? Nah. You know how hopelessly single I am. Besides, I think coach is planning a practice forthat day, too, so no sudden whisk-away date either." 

Wait, what?

 "I-I mean, not to say that I was planning a sudden whisk-away date with you—or anyone for that matter!Just..." Before he could dig himself a deeper hole, he started stuffing his face with more dumplings, thebeginnings of the chilly air making his breath visible.

 And then he saw her shivering. 

"See—I told you that it'd be cold today. You should've brought a sweater." With a huff, the boy slippedoff his jacket, much to the disapproval of Y/N.

 "No, Ennoshita! Now you'll be cold! And you can't go and get sick...not right before Valentine's Dayanyway..." With a grumble, and the force of the boy that stood next to her, Y/N did accept the jacket. 

Just as they had settled into a nice, comfortable quiet, the lights of the street lamps creating tiny shadowson their path...it started to snow. 

With a light gasp, the girl looked to the snow as it fell, a smile as big as the moon pulling on her lips.It was moments like this where Ennoshita remembered why he liked her. 

The light pink on her cheeks from the cold.

 His jacket that dwarfed her frame. 

Her smile. 

Shit, he had it bad, huh?

 At some point, when, she didn't know, Y/N ended up at her doorstep.Before she could even begin to slip the jacket off her shoulders, she saw Ennoshita shaking his head,simply saying 'just give it back to me tomorrow'. 

With a nod, she waved a goodbye, praying he didn't see the light pink on her cheeks that, if she washonest with herself, wasn't from the chill in the air.

 She did take the jacket the off, neatly folding it and putting it on her chair for her to grab in the morning. 

But why did she take it off?

 She was gonna make chocolates, dangit. 

Her parents were working late, and her brother was shopping for his own girlfriend for tomorrow, sothis...this was her shot. 

With a roll of her sleeves, she went to work.

 The chocolates were...ok.They certainly weren't pretty, but they would do! 

If she could get the courage to actually track down Ennoshita and give them to him...They sat there in her bag, burning a hole in her mind as she kept seeing him, kept waving a hello. 

It wasn't until the end of the day, when she knew very well that he had practice, that she decided to walkinside the gym and give him the chocolates and the jacket. 

"Hey! Ennoshita! It's Y/N!" 

With a wave, Nishinoya pointed out the poor girl, still in her uniform andclutching the objects, sending a wave to the Libero. 

Ennoshita turned his head, and the sight before him nearly made his face burn ten shades brighter.

 The girl he's had a crush on for...who knows how long, clutching his jacket and...a bag? 

"Y/N? What's up?" Of course, he walked over to where she stood, his head tilted to the side. 

"Ennoshita! Hey! Sorry for intruding, it's just....I nearly missed you, and still haven't give you yourjacket back from yesterday—" She fumbled with the bag and the jacket, placing it in his hands that heheld out, his eyes unable to tear from the bag. 

"—and...I made you these for Valentine's Day.They'renotverygoodbutIhopeyoulikethem!" 

With a rush of her words, Y/N held the bag out for him, herwhole bad shaking.

 Say something. 

What are words? 

"Y-you made me chocolates for Valentine's Day?" 

With a quiet nod, Y/N stood on her tiptoes, placed a quick kiss to his cheek before nearly darting off witha quick 

'Same time as always?'Stunned, Ennoshita smiled, his own cheeks the same shade of red. 

"Same time!"