1

Chapter one: A Jerk So Sweet

NUELLA's POV

"I'm going to pair you up for your last group assignment. Did you get that?" Mr Myer asked with a keen gaze.

"YES SIR" the entire class shouted.

"That's it for today," Mr Myer said before exiting the class. I sighed in disappointment I hated group assignments so much as my last group assignment was not so interesting. I had to do all the hard work while my partner did nothing. But we were scored equally.

I hastily shoved my books off the desk into my backpack when I realized what day today was. Today was the day my first book, "Jane's addiction", a steamy romance between two newlyweds was going live. Writing has been my passion ever since I was young and I was finally sending my work out there into the world. I hope the world loved it as much as I did.

My night job was writing romance books and partying like there was no tomorrow and my day job was being a high student who 99.9% of the population considered as failed.

I played chess on my phone while I waited for Elsa and Kate, my two best friends. They studied history while I studied government as an electives course.

"You still play this game," a grumpy voice mumbled into my ears and I jerked up startled.

"What the hell..." I squawked without shifting my gaze. I knew who the voice belonged to. I had no time for people like him. It was Cole Grey, the friend who broke my heart.

I couldn't discern the whirlpool of emotions whenever I saw him. But one thing was for sure, he ruined my good mood whenever he was present. How could he even approach me after what he did? He slid into the seat next to me.

"How are you, Nuella?" Cole asked in a calm tone.

"Just let me be Cole. I warned you to stay away from me, ''I said in a low tone, suppressing the volcano of anger that was erupting within me.

"I just wanted to... em. Party tonight, I just wanted to know if you are in?" he asked, tapping on the table silently with his index finger, a habit whenever he was desperate.

"No. Never. I'll pass. Just get lost" I blurted out. I looked up at his face and met his strong gaze. And of course, Cole looked as charming as ever. His beautiful skin was as brown as honey. He wore a grey shirt that hugged his body perfectly and rare blue denim jeans. His beautiful hazel eyes had turned red out of desperation. Still, he was gorgeous.

Girls fell for him in a glimpse but I knew better. He had a stone for a heart and never gave in to love. He just dated girls out of boredom and dumped them whenever he wanted.

Cole let out a sigh and walked out of the classroom without saying a word.

Cole was my best friend till a few days ago. We would have been laughing and teasing each other right now if he didn't treat me like whore. And the worse part was that he showed no remorse.

The jerk kissed me abruptly and continued to kiss me even when I resisted. Someone pulled me before he could advance. And till now I was still thankful to my hero. My heart got broken because I trusted him.

My phone buzzed as I fiddled with it. I quickly tap the screen notification hoping it was a message from Sam, my newfound crush. But to my disappointment, It was an email notification.

I checked and it was one of those strange emails—the ones I received from an unknown person. I received the email again, an email from "ohfuck". I checked and it was another one of his letters.

To: NuellaBBB

Hello,

I just can't stop it. I wish it would. I act stupid all the time so that I can let it stop. But it doesn't stop. I guess it is me again. I won't disturb you again.