2-

1

•

A muffled hum filled the workroom later that day from none other than Kangjeon Aera as she worked calmly in the faint lighting. Yuri's desk was cleared considering the third worker never used it and Aera had neatly laid the fabric for the second jacket across the mahogany. Due to the irritation of Jae, Aera had returned home to shower, eat and change and the man himself was currently altering Yoongi's trousers across the room. Jae was very much pleased with the fresher Aera, her long skater skirt dress a black and white check chessboard around her slender frame. Hair brushed in waves that bobbed to her hips, Aera had even gone so far as to switch out her glasses for her contacts though she knew the glasses would make a reappearance later in the day.

Clasped between her pearly white teeth was a ruler, her small hands gently flattening over the expensive fabric as she twisted the paper stencils back and forth, slipping pins in accordingly. A piece of tailor's chalk resided in the front of her full brown apron but she usually neglected to use it purely because she hated to tarnish the beautiful fabrics. A stiff brush would obliterate the mark flawlessly but still, she was anxious about drawing the reddy orange lines.

"Do you ever think we're wasting our lives?" Jae decided to become all philosophical, attacking a bagel with his fingers to shred it into tiny pieces that he likely wouldn't even eat. He needed a pause from the constant sight of a needle and thread and Aera didn't blame him. Jae had been working his very hardest over the past few hours, sewing a beautiful handcrafted designed patch for Namjoons sleeve. He felt guilty, Aera could see that on his face even without him saying it. He felt as if he wasn't pulling his weight on their little team but Aera wouldn't blame him for that. They were going to create a beautiful show-stopping piece for Kim Namjoon to apologise.

Aera and Jae had been friends for much longer than they had been working for BigHit. Aera had first met him when they were studying together and he would sit beside her, sticking his hand in the air to ask the teacher any of the questions that Aera had because the girl herself was too shy. They had instantly become best friends and so, when they moved to the city, they moved together. Getting the job together at Bighit was a dream come true for them both, they both finally achieved what they'd been striving for, including a beautiful three-bedroom apartment to share in the BigHit accommodation block five minutes away. It all worked out well but, of course, they retained their own private reservations.

"What do you mean?" Aera queried gently as she tugged the ruler from her mouth, allowing it to drop onto the table, heading to one of the many cabinets built into the wall. The girl opened it to reveal their vast selection of materials. Fabrics, threads, buttons, ribbons and tassels galore. It was Jae's childhood dream in a wardrobe. If only the dream hadn't begun with an evil boss who'd happily lock them in a room for days on end if it ever came to that.