The Injury

It's only been a few weeks since Jim proposed and it's been so amazing. Since the whole office knows, we've started to be a little more lovely, not much...just a little. Kissing and hugging more often. We sneak off at lunch, but that's really it. He comes and talks to me more but that's normal for him.

Today is Wednesday and everyone is in the office, except for Pam and Michael. Which for Michael is really odd. It's 10 o'clock and he's usually here by 9 every morning. Pam had a doctor's appointment and asked me to cover the full desk, which I don't mind at all. It gives me something to do.

I look up to see Jim and Oscar talking about the Lord of the Rings Trilogy. We planned on watching them this weekend for date night. The phone starts ringing, so I slide my chair over and answer it.

"Dunder Mifflin, this is Melissa." I say, sweetly.

"Mel! It's Michael. Help me!" He yells into the phone. "I need help right now."

I start panicking.

"Michael! What's wrong?" I say, quickly, already thinking the worst.

Jim hears me and stands up from his chair, walking over to the desk.

"I'm hurt! I have hurt myself. Oh my god." He yells again.

"Wait. Michael. Wait." I start.

"Ugh...This is not looking good, Mel." He says, a little quieter.

"Michael! Do you need me to call an ambulance?" I ask, glancing up at Jim.

"No! I want you to pick me up." He says.

My eyebrows scrunch together, confused.

"What?" Jim whispers.

"Okay...?" I say to Michael.

"What's going on?" Jim asks me.

"Wait a second, I thought you said that you were hurt?" I ask Michael.

"I am hurt! I hurt my foot." He informs me.

Jim keeps trying to get my attention, but Michael continues on talking.

"I want to come to work. But I need you to come and pick me up." Michael says, loudly.

Jim grabs the phone after he lunges across the desk and puts it on speaker before laying the phone down. At the same time, Michael screams.

"Oh, God!"

"Hey. Woah, Michael." Jim says to him.

He screams again. Everyone stands up and walks over to the desk

"It's okay. It's Jim. Just say again, uh, really loudly what happened." Jim says, calmly then smirks at me.

"Okay, uhh, I burned my foot very badly on my Foreman Grill and I now need someone to come and bring me into work." Michael says, loudly, just like Jim instructed him to.

"You burned your foot on a Foreman Grill?" Jim asks, glancing at me.

I roll my eyes and start rubbing my forehead. Of course he did...Wait...How the fuck did he do that?

"Mel! Can you come get me?" Michael asks with fake desperation.

"I guess-" I start.

"Michael, you should stay home and rest." Phyllis says.

"There's no toilet paper here." Michael whines. "Could Ryan...tell Ryan to bring toilet paper. Could you tell him that?"

"Can you hop?" Kevin asks.