Chapter | Seventeen | Proximity

It's been a while since I updated this story... orz I'm so so so sorry. School is just URGH

____________________________________

     The spiral staircase made his head spin so he decided to just  focus on Kaede who was still pulling on his arm. A satisfied smirk  plastered his face as his long stride easily caught up to her hurried  trotting. After a sharp turn around a corner, she yanked him into her  room and slammed the door behind her.

     His attention immediately went to the details of her room. It  was small, cozy, and clean: a desk with a variety of small plants lining  the wall it was propped up against, a nicely made bed by the window -  the windowsill also lined with plants - and a shelf with a variety of  books, comics, trophies, pictures, and PLANTS. There was even a vine of  ivy hanging down the door of her closet. The whole room had a very  minimalist soft, bright color scheme. He loved it.

    He grimaced at a sudden memory of his former girlfriend's strong  rose-perfume room. He never went to her house again... and dumped her in a  week. Kaede's room air, on the other hand was crisp.  He felt like he could stay here all day.

"I told you my brothers are annoying." She said, panting slightly, her hands behind her back against the door.

Atsumu replied with a low murmur, "It's worse when they're your  age...", thinking about how his brother tried to german-suplex him over a  cup of pudding - which had 'samu' written on it - which he ate...  anyways.

"Perhaps... more violent?" she said with a smirk, looking him in the eye.

"You read my mind!" Atsumu gasped dramatically on purpose. She giggled in response.

"Make yourself comfortable. I'll be right back." she said signalling towards the floor.

"You're going?!" he whined.

"Dude, I'll be back in like 3 minutes please." she scoffed, and then went out the door leaving him alone in her room.

For the first 20 seconds he just sat on the floor and breathed the  air. But his curiosity gradually accumulated to the point where he  couldn't help but be a bit nosy. He stood up with a grunt and went to  her shelf.

There were several pictures of her and her family. Class photos from  her previous school, her volleyball team. Pictures of her at volleyball  tournaments. He picked up a frame which was her at the beach. She wasn't  necessarily wearing a swimsuit or anything. It was just a picture of  her smiling, spinning around with her flowy hair dancing gracefully  around her head. Her arms were spread out, a gesture of freedom and  happiness. He smiled at the picture.

He glanced at the rest of the shelf. There were numerous trophies  from her middle school volleyball tournaments, certificates for  academics, and even a emblem of a school council vice president.  Damn.  He thought.

He looked back at the picture he was holding. Suddenly the doorknob  jerked. Atsumu's head whipped around. The door wasn't open yet.

He placed the frame down, but with a bit more force that he expected.  It wobbled in place. Shit! He thought. He caught it, but he  simultaneously bumped his hand into something else.

She entered a room with a tray of drinks and some snacks, pushing the door open slowly.

He whisked his hands behind is back.

suspicious. She thought.

"what were you doing?" she asked slowly.

"nothing." he countered.