The Quest at Comic Con part 1

It was a glorious day in New Mushroomton, an eventful one too as comic con was being held today not too far from the Lightfoot's home.

Barley was more than excited to be going, dressed as his Quests of Yore character of course. Although, this was not Ian's cup of tea with all the pushy people, he still had someone special to accompany him. Izzy the imp, an incredibly short girl that comes just up to Barley's middle section. Though she is short, and may seem cute around the face she is actually only a year younger than Barley.

Imps are a species that originated from another country, one filled with huge lush forests and giant flowers and trees that are just as tall as some of the mighty towers in New Mushroomton city. There are also beautiful caverns filled with sparkly gems around there, ones with walls that glow with jewels. But above all, it seems like an overgrown garden every corner you turn. It made Barley feel like he's been shrunk again and got lost in someone's lawn!

The two have become incredibly close friends, even closer than best friends! The imp had an emotional tie to the elf, him being her first true friend who actually likes her for who she is inside. Izzy was an outcast much like him and she never met anyone apart from family that loves her without end. She met a few people who claimed to have liked her but it all was a prank in the end.
Barley is the very first one. The first friend who is actually a friend. The first one who likes her every quirk. And little does she know, the first one who loves her dearly.

"Izzy! Art thou ready to join me on my mighty quest?" Barley asked in his warrior accent, he was all dressed up in his costume, he even had his sword with him as he stood in front of Guinevere the second.

"H-h-hang on! I'm coming!" Izzy called out as she ran out of her new home she made in the forest, she felt far more welcome in New Mushroomton so she moved overseas in order to get away from certain people. The imp stuttered a bit, a bit panicked about how she was running a tad late, the pressure was on as she came running out of her tiny tiny self made home inside of a tree.

Izzy was going to go as her Quests of Yore character too, Izzy the Destroyer, it was a very fitting name for a lot of reasons do not let her looks fool you. She wore pale and pastel colours, dusty pink, purple and blue. She was a rouge and had a hood of course but an unusual added detail was that this hood had jackelope ears and horns sewn to it, fake ones of course both in game and in real life as Izzy the destroyer would never kill a jackelope and use its remains for it goes against her code. She did have a pet Jackelope after all and she loved her to bits! This look however is mostly because she loves jackelops and a cutesy theme to go with her, that and so she can feel more unique and stand out from other players.

She also had a little skirt with pockets, pleather wrap bracelets and there was a little cape attached to her hoodie. As she ran out in her incredibly and innocently adorable outfit, Barley felt himself blush heavy towards the sight of it. By Zadar, why must she be so cute?

"S-Sorry! I'm sorry! I didn't keep ya waiting too long did I?" She panted as she ran towards Guinevere.

The elf shook his head, his face was still a little pink. "N-no no, fair maiden! We only just got here!" He cried out, his hazel eyes scan his little friend from head to toe, there was so much detail to the outfit too. It was breathing taking. "I must say, your costume came together really well! You look so cute in it...heh." He said out loud, hiding his bashfulness with a big and seemingly friendly smile.

The imp blushed a bit, though she didn't think much of the comment as Barley was one to casually throw out praise to everyone like it was nothing, she still felt a little bit shy to be called cute however. Even though she gets called cute at least 50 times a week from Barley and the rest of his family, especially Laurel who seems to see her as a daughter she never had.

The imp, being the kind to get all shy at a compliment, blushed a bit as her blue eyes gazed to the side. "Oh! Y-ya think so? I ain't no fashionista but I wanted my outfit to be very accurate...and cute soooo yeah." She said, smiling sweetly at her friend.

Barley nods his head enthusiastically, the pink in his cheeks faded just so slightly. "Heck yeah! You would easily be able to defy all of our foes on the battlefield! They won't ever suspect such strength from a tiny adorable snowflake like you! Nay! Our enemies won't know what hit them!" He said proudly, puffing out his chest as he held his companion by his side, unaware of just how close he was holding her to him. "Now come, dear Izzy! Let us go on our mighty quest to the grand event in this fine kingdom! The comic con!"

Izzy giggles a bit as she happily entered Guinevere the second, their noble steed who will happily carry them to their destination. Of course, Barley opened the door for her first, he was just a gentleman that way and always felt he needed to open the door for a lady.

The imp was sure to buckle up, she may be wild, feisty and even feral in some ways but she was oddly cautious as well, an unusual mix of both worlds. Her foul hatred for loud noises in public and yet her strong love for the music genre dubstep is just one example. She also enjoyed some metal too and enjoys some of the songs Barley would play in Guinevere and even introduced Barley to the concept of putting the two together, Metalstep. It is another form of Izzy's favourite genre that she enjoys but her biggest all time favourite has to be Kawaiistep, something that can sum up Izzy's personality easily according to Barley and his brother.

Izzy looked out the window, she felt so excited to go to this comic con she heard so much about! This was her first time going to such a place where people dress up and obsess over fandoms and rather geeky things, only in her wildest dreams would she think of such a place as most folks and places from her homeland revolve around fashion and sometimes food, but the food part was the best thing according to Izzy and she did enjoy cute markets with crafting stuff to purchase and sweet scented soaps. The amazing sweets, beautiful flowers is something Izzy lived for! But it would be so hard to find anything that can satisfy her thirst for the more geeky side of her personality, which was a rare thing to see in any common female imp.

"Just you wait, Izzy! You're gonna love it." Barley said with a wide grin as he drove off in Guinevere, his friend's tail was wagging almost the entire trip she was so excited!