Calico Cat || Park Jimin

Annoyed, Shin Chaeyeon glared at her best friend as they sat together in the café near their university.

"Yah, stop it!" She huffed as she crossed her arms. "There really is a ghost in my apartment!"

Jungkook kept on howling with laughter as he clutched his stomach.

"Yeah, and there's a scary little girl under your bed too." He joked, further annoying the girl.

"You're the scary little girl under my bed." She mocked, sticking her tongue out at him. Jungkook chuckled and pinched her nose.

"Yah!" She scolded, swatting his hand away. "I'm being serious Kookie. My apartment is haunted."

Chaeyeon twiddled her thumbs. She knew that she was too old to believe in ghosts, but she knew she wasn't crazy.

"Sometimes at night, I hear footsteps of a person walking around my living room. One time, I even heard a voice singing."

"Was it good?" Jungkook asked. Chaeyeon looked at him confusedly.

"What?"

"The ghost." He clarified. "Was it a good singer?"

"Yah!" She chided, an uncertain look appearing in her eyes again. "Sometimes my food gets eaten too."

"A hungry ghost who loves to sing. That is a problem." Jungkook mused as he stroked his non-existent beard, then he got a bright look in his eyes. "Didn't you say you got a cat three weeks ago?"

"Unless my Mochi can open the refrigerator door with his paws and have human vocal chords, I doubt he's what's been haunting me."

The two friends hung out for a little while longer, but eventually they both had to go home. Chaeyeon gathered up her courage to go back to her haunted apartment, convincing herself that she was just imagining things.

As soon as she opened her door, her tri-colored cat came running up to her, curling around her feet. Chaeyeon smiled and placed her bag on the floor.

"Ah, Mochi~" She sighed as she picked up the cat. Mochi snuggled against her, making the girl chuckle.

"You'll protect me from the ghost, won't you?" She asked. The cat meowed at her and bumped its nose against her cheek, then leaped out of her arms, standing in front of her like it was guarding her, his ears and tail perked up in attention.

'Mochi is such a smart cat.' Chaeyeon smiled fondly. 'It's as if he could understand me.'

"I'm just gonna take a shower, okay?" She told her pet. The cat meowed again, rubbing affectionately against her legs before walking off to the kitchen.

Chaeyeon picked up her bag and went to her room. She took off her clothes, grabbed her towel, and made her way back to the living room to go to the bathroom. She stayed in the shower for a while, relaxing as the hot water cascaded down her body. After a few minutes, she got out and dried herself, wrapping her hair with the towel as she walked out of the bathroom.

When she reached the living room, she found a blond boy asleep and curled up on her couch.

"Ahhh!" She screamed, waking him up. She pulled the towel from her hair and hurriedly covered her body with it. "Who are you and what are you doing in my apartment?"

The boy looked startled and disoriented. His eyes widened when he realized his predicament, immediately standing and putting his hands up to show Chaeyeon that he meant her no harm.

"W-wait!" He stuttered. "I-It's me, Mochi!"

"You're crazy!" Chaeyeon yelled. "Get out before I call the police!"

"It's really me!" He insisted. "You picked me up at the shelter two weeks ago then you immediately took me to the vet to have a checkup."

Chaeyeon's head tilted in confusion. She hasn't told anyone that she already took her new cat to the vet.

"You got me a cat bed that you put in the living room because you read on the internet that cats needed their own space, but you leave your bedroom door open just in case I want to crawl up to your bed and sleep next to you, which I do every night." He continued. "You almost named me G-Dragon, after your favorite idol, but I wouldn't respond when you called me."

Chaeyeon felt like she was losing her mind. She lived alone, so the only ones who could have known about the things that the boy has said aside from her was her Mochi, but Mochi was a cat. How could he be the cute boy who was standing in front of her?

"M-Mochi?"

The boy nodded as he slowly walked towards her. She tentatively put a hand on his cheek, which elicited a soft purr from his throat.

"It's really me." He mumbled.

"H-how?" She asked.

"I don't know too." He replied sadly as he looked away. Chaeyeon couldn't handle his cuteness.

"Oh sweetie~" She cooed, pulling him into a hug, but then pulled away when she realized that the only thing that was keeping her modesty was the thin towel that was wrapped around her body.

"I'll just get dressed, okay? Wait for me." She told him. Mochi nodded meekly, obeying his owner.

Chaeyeon got dressed quickly and put her hair up in a wet bun, deciding to just style it later. When she walked back into the living room, she saw Mochi quietly sniffing on the couch. She sat beside him, studying him intently.

'He must be so scared and confused. I would be too if I suddenly turned into a different species.' Chaeyeon thought.

"So, how long has this been happening?" She asked.

"Just recently, ever since you adopted me."

"And you have no idea how or why you turn into a human?"

Mochi shook his head.

"How long do you usually stay human when you turn?"

"I've been turning every night since I got here, and I stay human until sunrise." He replied. "This is the first time I've turned in the morning."

Wow. Jungkook was actually right. Sort of. Mochi is the ghost that's haunting my apartment.

"You must be so scared." She comforted. When Mochi met her gaze, she saw the fear and uncertainty in his eyes.

"Don't worry, we'll get through this together~" She smiled reassuringly.

"Y-you won't take me back to the shelter?" Mochi asked with wide eyes.

"Why would I do that? I'm your human and you're my cat." Chaeyeon chuckled. "Well, cat-human."

Mochi attacked her with a hug, catching her off-guard. She patted his back as she hugged him back.

"And it would be pretty nice to have a cute boy waiting for me at home." She winked at him, making him blush. She then turned to face him, asking him something that had been going through her mind.

"Do you have another name? I'm not sure if you'd like to still be called Mochi considering you're a grown man."

"You can keep calling me Mochi if you want. It's the name you gave me as my human. I love it." Mochi smiled at her. "But my real name is Jimin."

"That's a human's name." Chaeyeon chuckled. Jimin just shrugged his shoulders.

"Well, it's nice to meet you Jimin."