|Chapter One| There's a Kid Betelgeuse at our Door! What Do we Do?

Life after the whole Betelgeuse incident those few months ago had gone back to normal (Well, normal wasn't the word any of the members of the Maitland-Deetz family would use to describe their family). With Betelgeuse gone back to the Netherworld to search for his dad, they knew they had nothing to worry about. They hadn't seen him since... and that was all about to change soon.

There was a tiny, shaking knock on the door.

"I'll get it!" Barbara said chipperly, before opening the door. She gasped.

On the other side of the door stood what appeared to be a small version of the demon that had plagued them all those months ago. He looked hurt and confused as he stared up at Barbara. She did not know what to do. She just stood there staring at him for what seemed like a few minutes.

Eventually, she recomposed herself. "Uh, guys, I think you need to come over here NOW!"

The rest of the family ran over to see what was going on, and they reacted about the same way as Barbara had.

The kid demon was REALLY confused, and scared. Who were these people, and why were they so mad at him? Would they try to hurt him? He had a feeling that he knew, or would know, these people, but couldn't figure out any of the details.

"WHAT is he doing HERE?!" barked Charles.

Lydia, perhaps the most concerned out of all of them, kneeled down in front of the kid version of Betelgeuse. "Beej? Is that you."

"I think so but I don't know." He backed away. "Who are you people?"

"I don't think he remembers us," said Barbara as Lydia stood up and glanced over at her and the rest of the family. "Which is strange. You guys think something may have happened to him and may have caused him to be like this?"

"I dunno what happened... Mom had stuck me in the cellar for something, and then, all of a sudden, I was here. It's really weird, and not in the cool weird way."

A lightbulb went off in Lydia's mind. "Wait, your mom... Juno!" she swore under her breath, and then, another thought popped up. "Are you hurt?"

"Yeah." He held up his right arm, which had a large gaping wound down the side of it that was probably caused by Juno abusing him before sticking him in the cellar.

Lydia hissed in sympathy.

"We can't just leave him out here," she said to the rest of her family. "He's hurt, he's scared, he's nervous. I don't think it's right to turn him away."

"Lydia, are you saying we have to allow the demon who terrorized us and tried to green card marry you, even if it's just a child version of him, to live here?" said her dad, his eyes wide. The rest of the adults nodded in agreement, all clearly nervous about allowing Betelgeuse to stay with them.

"What are we supposed to do? Leave him to bleed out?"

The rest of the family sighed. They had no choice but to let him stay.

Once inside, the family sat the small demon down.

Barbara sighed. "I'll go get the first aid kit."

She returned with the first aid kit and kneeled down in front of Betelgeuse, who nervously scooted away from her and closed his eyes.

"I'm not going to hurt you," said Barbara calmly. "I promise."

Lydia half-smiled, squeezing the small demon's hand reassuringly.

Betelgeuse yelped when Barbara started cleaning up the cut on his arm, and Lydia just held onto him.

"It's okay," reassured Lydia. "It's okay."

A few hour long minutes passed, before Barbara closed the first aid kit, and smiled kindly at the still frightened demon. Despite him being Betelgeuse, she couldn't NOT try to calm the kid down.

"Done."

"Th-th-thanks."

The kid yawned, looking exhausted.

He fell asleep immediately.

"I can't believe I'm saying this, but, he's honestly kinda adorable." Delia grinned.

The others knew they had to agree.

And that was the day that started making this already strange family even more so.