37│awake again

CHAPTER 37: awake again

Everyone is sitting in the kitchen

Everyone is sitting in the kitchen. Melia woke up again a few minutes ago and she went to sit with the others. After she fainted, she slept for a day before waking up again. The Weasley family came a few days prior.

"How are you feeling, Sugar?"

"Like my head is about to explode," she reaches out her hand and then her juice box appears. She drinks up the box at least 2 times. Fred notices this.

"How is that possible? You must have drunk it up at least two times."

"Magic," she smirks at him. "Ipsum Replere, makes juice boxes refill themselves."

"Since when does something like that exist?"

"Since I made it up."

Tonks breaks up their small argument, "How was she awake for almost two weeks and then only slept for a day afterwards?"

"Because I don't sleep-" she stopped, wondering if she heard right, "Did you say almost two weeks?"

"Yes, why?"

Melia's face falters. She gets up from her chair and starts pacing around. No, damn it! I can't go back to the manor. Not now! Not when it's only a year until-. They look at her worried and try to talk to her, but she's blocked out all their voices. Then she suddenly stops when someone grabs her wrists and makes her look at him.

"I can't go back to the manor. I don't want to leave you," she says to him.

"What are you talking about? You won't be going back to the manor!" Sirius says while looking into her eyes, showing her how serious he is.

"My mission. The only reason I was allowed to come here this summer was if I spied on you. Which I was never planning to do, but he said I had to give him reports every week. And... and now it has been almost two," she gets out of his grip and starts pacing again, mumbling to herself. Sirius takes her shoulders and places her down in the chair again.

"Stop pacing!" she looks down at her lap. "We'll figure it out. Just please calm down."

Melia suddenly gets an idea, "I know what to do!" She makes her small notebook and pen appear and starts writing. When she's done, she gives it to Sirius. He nods at her before she walks over to the window and gives it to Diana. She flies away. They sit there in silence waiting for the owl to come back. When she does, Melia reads the letter out loud.

"Good work, Camellia. I knew I could trust you with this. And you're right. It's too suspicious to send out a letter each week like this. Send me a letter when you have any news.

Also, there's one more thing..." She stops. They look at her waiting for her to continue. She doesn't and gives the letter for Sirius to read. He nods down at her and then the letter suddenly turns into ashes. They look at him, about to argue but he silences them with a glare. Then they hear someone coming to the kitchen from the entrance. A girl says hello to everyone before noticing Melia.

"You got my letter?"

"Yes, me and the boys read it," Melia looks over to Ron who just looks away.

"And I forgive you. I did it the first time, I'll do it now and I'll always forgive you. Do you know why?" she shakes her head, no. "Because you are my best friend, Melia," then she goes over to her and hugs her. The two girls go with Ginny to her room. They sit and talk for hours, well not Melia so much because her voice still hurt.

Since Melia has been talking so much lately, her voice hasn't been able to heal properly. She needs to stop speaking for a while again, but when you live in a house where only one person understands sign language, it's a little hard. Ever since her voice broke, she had been trying to make a spell that could heal it. Nothing has worked so far. She doesn't understand why. She's been able to make so many spells, but for some reason, nothing works.

After the two other girls had fallen asleep, she went down to the kitchen to make some tea. Melia isn't a big fan of tea, but she always told herself that she only needed to find the right flavour. And with the help of the elves at Hogwarts, she's finally found one she likes. Rose tea with milk and a teaspoon of sugar. It also has helped her calm her nerves.

When the tea is ready, she moves over to the living room. She takes out a piece of paper and starts writing. Melia hasn't written a letter to Draco yet, and he must be worried about her.

'To Draco,

I'm sorry for not writing a letter. I was out of it for two weeks and wasn't able to send you a letter because of that. I hope you're alright. Since I've been out of it, I haven't got that much to say except I love you and can't wait to see you again when the school year starts again.

Oh, another thing... We never got to finish The Lord of the Rings, so I thought we could read it when we got back at Hogwarts. I have all three of them, so you don't have to take them with you.

From your love'

She folds the letter and gives it to Diana. When the owl came back, she wasn't expecting it to have a letter with her. It was late, and she thought he would be asleep by now.

'Hey, love

It's good to hear that you're alright. I was worried sick when I didn't get any letters from you, but now I know you're alright. We never got to read some of the other books too, if you remember?

Anyways, I love you too and will count down the days until we meet again.

D.M.

Melia smiles widely to herself when she's done. She remembers the other books she looked at that day and told herself that she would try to get them before the school year starts. Melia and Draco kept sending letters back and forth to each other all night until she fell asleep on the sofa, with her quill in hand and Diana by her side.

Sirius smiled when he came down that morning and took the quill out of her hand and took one of the blankets, putting it around her. He kisses her on the forehead before walking to the kitchen.