Chapter 3

Once the two got home, Callie ran into the living room to rest the octoling on the couch. Marie would be so proud of her for being responsible, if she and her dad, Cliff, weren't out clothes shopping at the moment. The octoling sort of just sank into the couch, and when Callie put a blanket over him, you could tell he was comfortable. Like he never slept on something this nice before. Callie had picked up on that and frowned. She perked up when Caspain put the books on the small nightstand that Callie's mom decided would fit perfectly next to the couch. She was right. It fits perfectly.

"Alright, so, Cliff and Marie should be home in around an hour." Caspain said.

Callie nodded simply. They lived with Callie's uncle, Cliff, and her cousin, Marie. But Callie views Marie as more of a sister than a cousin.

Callie walked into the kitchen. She figured that the octoling would be hungry, not to mention that he was also skinny. Deciding to make something for the octoling when he wakes up, the child opened a cabinet and grabbed a pan. Yet Callie was stopped by her dad.

"You don't know how to cook." Caspain said. "Besides, we don't know when he will wake up."

Callie sighed. "Fine..." She knew she would lose this argument, so she just put the pan back.

Callie could look at the books to try and help the small octoling when he wakes up if he's not the world's worst spy, that is. But currently, him being a spy seems very unlikely.

In the living room, the small octoling opened his eyes. He seemed calm before panic rushed over him. He had no idea where he was.

He heard footsteps, and a young inkling looked into the room. The Inkling had white tentacles that faded to green.

"The octoling is- HEY!" She had begun to talk but ended up getting cut off when the octoling threw a pillow at her.

He would have tried to escape, but the inkling blocked the only exit from the room. So he instead just tried to hide. He had run behind a chair in the corner of the room.

"Oh... CALLIE! COME HERE!" Marie, the inkling, yelled.

The orange octo was scared. He had no idea what she was saying, plus she seems angry now.

Another inkling, Callie, appeared. Marie whispered something to Callie, who smiled and nodded.

The small octo watched from behind the chair.

Marie began to walk towards one side of the chair. Callie, on the other hand, walked to the chair and sat on it. The octo tried to run out from behind the chair, from the side where Marie wasn't heading towards to block. As the octo peaked out, Callie jumped off of the chair and proceeded to tackle him in a hug, which had confused the octoling.

Marie smiled. "Thanks, Callie." Marie glanced at the octoling, who had started to shake.

Callie tightened the hug and tried to comfort the octoling, which didn't work since the octo didn't speak inkish. While Callie was doing that, Marie had grabbed some paper and opened the inkish to octoish dictionary and began to write something out. Marie then showed the octo what she wrote. The octoling had stopped shaking and ended up just staring at the paper.

Callie, cautiously, ended the hug. The octo just stood there, holding the paper.

Marie hugged the octo, who has probably never received a hug before. Callie noticed this and gently motioned for the octo to hug back.