Luna

Harry was hiding himself away in a corner, away from the main party, like he always did. He was frantically searching for glasses and goblets with any remaining alcohol in them. He had been denied service on the account of being too young, but he desperately needed something to calm his nerves.

"Do you suppose you'd rather be here or stuck at the bottom of the Black Lake surrounded by extraordinarily aggressive plimpies?"

Luna. He'd know that lullaby-like voice anywhere. He spun around to see Luna wearing such a solemn and serious face accompanying her question that he couldn't help but laugh.

Luna smiled warmly. She always smiled when she could make Harry laugh.

"I suppose those situations are pretty much the same thing." He answered once he had composed himself.

"I agree."

Every time he was invited to another party he was expected to attend, Harry would shy away from everyone but Luna. If she wasn't there attending them too, he would probably leave each party stumbling drunk in the night.

"Which one is this?" She asked.

"Number twenty one, I think. The Davies this time."

"I spoke to Roger Davies once. He wasn't very polite."

"I wouldn't take it personally. Apparently he's like that to everyone."

"How was your day? It's been nice weather, don't you think? Most people find rain to be depressing but I find it to be quite comforting."

"It is, isn't it? My day was okay actually. Well, other than having to come here. But how was yours?"

"The dirigible plum tree is growing well. Have you visited your godson recently? Hermione told me he's a metamorphagus, is this true?"

"I, um, I haven't seen him for a couple of weeks. I just couldn't-" he let out a wavery sigh, "I don't want to be around him unless I'm sure I won't mess things up. It's bad enough the Weasleys have to deal with me, but I refuse to put Teddy through that as well."

"I'm sorry, I didn't mean to upset you."

"No, it's alright. You didn't upset me." Harry smiled sadly.

"You are a good godfather, Harry Potter, and you always will be. Don't you ever believe you're not."

"Thank you, Luna. And um, yeah, it's true... what Hermione said I mean... he's a metamorphagus like his mum. He changed his eyes for the first time when I was last there."

"What colour did he make them?"

"They've been a dark brown until now. He changed them to green and apparently he's kept them like that."

"Maybe he wanted to look like you."

Harry looked down at the floor, not really sure what to say.

"Would you like to go outside? I always find you in a corner."

"Sure. I mean, only if you want to."

"I like being out under the stars."