"Holy mother of Chicken Nuggets!"

Sitting in the crowd of cheering and screaming people, I sat there with a huge smile on my face. "Dammit Ethan try harder!" the mad red head yelled as I sighed, "Hes winning Zion." I said crossing my arms as I watched Zion glare at me, "He isn't trying hard enough though!" the red head shot back, as I only blinked. "Whatever ya say Zion," I said with a small smile. Life was beautiful, it was peaceful to me, for only this second, even if life was horrible at home, I was sitting by my childhood best friend as we watched my childhood crush play baseball. I didn't know what would happen here in a few hours, I hated what happened at first, but I realized I met some amazing people along the way. This is my story, the story on how I survived.

Survived what? You'll see my friend, though dear reader.. You probably know.

-------------------------------------------

"No Y/N no more soda!" Ethan said as I ran into Seven Eleven, with him and Zion running in behind me. "You sound like my mom!" I said laughing as I walked to the soda area, a small smile on my lips. "That's because your mom asked me to get you off of it!" Ethan said as he grabbed my shoulders, making me face him, his sae green eyes stared into my boring E/C eyes, as I felt a blush on my S/C cheeks.

'Hes only this loud when it comes to me.. Hes normally so quiet.'

"Love birds! Im hungry! So come on!" Zion said in annoyed tone as he handed me a bottle of my favorite soda, as I happily grabbed it, as I looked into the dark/light liquid that was held captive in the see through bottle.

Ethan sighed, "Lovebirds?" He asked with a small sigh.

"So whose paying?" I asked, as I watched Zion grab chips and chocolate bars, as he opened his mouth to speak. "Ethan, I mean, he won today didn't he? So he should pay," Zion responded.

I blinked, "I don't think it works like that-"

"Okay," Ethan anwsered in his normal tired and worn down tone.

'Theres normal tired Ethan, he seemed to disappear for a bit.'

I sighed, as I grabbed a few snacks for us, and followed the boys to the check out.

'One of these days I really need to pay..'

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

"Did you hear the people who are finally getting the shot of the virus is turning into zombies?" Zion said out of the blue as the three of us sat at the park we met at years ago.

"You know thats impossible right?" I asked, as I put a potato chip in my mouth as I started chewing.

I used to watch zombie movies and shows with my dad, we first got into 'The Walking Dead', and then many others.

When I was thirteen, and I started watching the zombie movies again after three years, I started believing that zombies could actually become a reality.

But logic and reality hit me and that belief did a 360.

"You haven't seen the news? Theres reports of bloody people who can be only killed in the brain," Zion explained, sounding less cocky than usual. It looks like hes been paying attention to the news and learning things. I knew Zion liked learning, even if he didn't look like the type of guy who enjoyed it, he mostly started gathering information so he could have actual conversations with his parents when they were around.