Chapter 10: Ending

Change of plans, I gave in and decided to post it tonight

We've made it bois, the very end
Don't get mad at me,,,
————

Dream landed one hit on the Wither Skeleton, before he made a run for it. He noticed that Sapnap and George took a right turn, and blocked off the way to get in. Dream smiled to himself, at least they'll be safe.

When George blocked the entrance, Sapnap's eyes widened, "W-wait, what about Dream??" He looked at George.

"Dream's tough and smart. He can outrun it." George assured Sapnap. "Now come with me, we have to go back to the portal." George started to run, with Sapnap running behind him.

Meanwhile, Dream kept on taking random turns. But, the skeleton didn't seem to get confused, it was always right behind Dream. Dream gulped as his lungs started to hurt from running. He didn't have anything to block off any entryways. "Fuck." He shouted to himself.

Dream managed to take out his sword while running, and with a quick glance, the Wither skeleton swiped at him. Its sword collided with Dream's chest plate, and he chuckled. With a swift swipe of his own sword, he knocked the skeleton back and continued to run.

The pain in his side from last time returned, and Dream tried his best to push through it. It stung, and he felt light-headed. Was that actually from before? Did it get him? Dream shook his head and kept running. He had to keep going. If he could get back to the portal, George would know what to do.

There was a sound of a sword colliding with his armour again, and Dream lost his balance. As he fell, he rolled onto his back, and used his sword to block the next blow.

Dream stared into the empty eye sockets of the skeleton, and he was filled with dread. He was trapped. He'd most likely get hit again if he tried to move but it might be his only option.

Dream took a deep breath and kicked at the skeleton, it stumbled back which gave Dream enough time to get back on his feet. He immediately began running again, trying to ignore the pain in his side.

Dream gasped when he heard a shattering sound. The skeleton had hit him again, causing his armour to break. Now he was really screwed. Dream swiped his sword again, and then kept running. That's all he felt that he could do.

"George? Sapnap?!" He called out, with no answer. They weren't the ones being chased, so they most likely made it out of the fortress.

He let out a scream in pain when he felt the sword slash at him. That time, he knew he was hit. "Not.. not like this!" He hissed to himself, "Sapnap still needs you!"

A weak smile spread across his face when Sapnap came into his mind. He just had to keep going. Keep going. His mind screamed at him.

"No." He growled and whirled around. Slashing his sword, he hit the skeleton dead on. It hit him again, but Dream didn't stop fighting it until it was gone.

With one last blow, the skeleton fell and disappeared into a cloud of smoke. Dream's vision blurred, and he noticed the exit of the fortress. He was so close.

He reached out an arm towards the exit, and forced his legs to move him closer. He occasionally stopped to catch his breath and lean against the wall. He saw the bridge. Would he make it across? Dream's vision went dark and he found himself on the ground.

"Dream!" Sapnap shouted, and ran over to him from behind. He rolled Dream onto his back, "Dream?? Did it get you?!" He panicked, holding Dream close.

Dream turned his head to face Sapnap. "Sap..?" He mumbled.

George gasped and he immediately started to look through his bag for something that'll help Dream.

Sapnap stared into Dream's mask, and looked down. His hoodie was coated in a black liquid. He blinked away tears. "What happened?!"

Dream laughed softly, "I got overconfident..." He laughed a little harder, but it turned into a cough. "Fuck..." He cursed under his breath.

Sapnap held onto Dream, tighter, "But.. you'll be okay, right? You were okay last time."

Dream nodded, "Yeah... Just like last time."

George pulled out bandages and went over to the two. He pulled up Dream's hoodie and shirt, and Sapnap had to look away to avoid seeing how bad his injury was. "H-hey, Dream..." Sapnap whispered, "Why don't you tell me a story? A funny one..."

Dream tried his best to tell the tale of when he accidentally hit a zombie pigman, and how he had to run for his life to escape. Dream laughed some more, but Sapnap only focused on the sound of his voice.

George fumbled with the bandages, it was hard working under so much pressure. "Hang on, Dream."

Dream was quiet.

"Dream?" Sapnap gasped quietly.

Dream stirred, "Remember when you tried to push George off a crafting table?"

Sapnap was quiet for a while, "Yeah, Dream. I remember..." He held back a sob.

"Remember when you found a donkey?"

"I remember..." Sapnap whispered.

Dream smiled weakly as he continued to ask Sapnap about old memories. Sapnap would always respond with a yes.

"Does that mean your memory's back?" Dream asked weakly.

Sapnap hesitated, "Yeah...It's all back, Dream."

Dream knew Sapnap wasn't telling the truth, but he didn't care. "Good..."

The pain that Dream felt turned into a dull ache. He wasn't sure if that was a good thing. Dream let out a sigh and lifted his hand, he rested it on Sapnap's face. "Take it off..." He mumbled.

Sapnap hesitated once again, "Are you sure...?" He frowned. Dream nodded. Sapnap took a deep breath and removed Dream's mask.

Sapnap locked eyes with Dream. He didn't know they were green... Dream just smiled at him, "I told you guys I was too attractive for anyone to see..." He laughed at his own, terrible, joke, but ended up coughing some more.

Sapnap forced a smile, "Whatever you say.. Dream.." Dream stared at Sapnap, a smile still on his face. He pulled Sapnap's face closer, giving him a soft kiss.

"For good luck..." He whispered as he pulled away.

Sapnap wiped away some tears, "For good luck.." He repeated.

Dream turned to George, who was still focused on Dream's injuries. "George.. tell me you love me." He laughed.

George was quiet, and he avoided looking at Dream. He could see Dream, watching him intently, in the corner of his eye. "I.. I love you, Dream."

Dream laughed more, "That's a victory..!" He then turned to Sapnap again. "Sapnap.." He smiled.

Sapnap tilted his head, "Y-yeah, Dream?"

Dream closed his eyes, "I love you the most."

Sapnap choked on his sobs, "Yeah.. I love you the most too..."

Dream didn't answer.

Sapnap's heart sank as he stared at Dream's blank face. "Dream?" His voice broke. "Dream, please!" He shouted.

Nothing.

Sapnap held Dream close as he sobbed. "Please, Dream! Don't leave..."

George frowned, looking away as he let his own tears fall.

Sapnap let go of Dream, and carefully let him lay down. He stared at Dream's face some more and then it hit him.

Sapnap suddenly remembered everything.