The Old Man and the "Main Character"

When I woke up this morning, I woke up wanting to become the main character in a coming out of age movie. I wanted to become someone from my favorite books who had adventures pop out of nowhere in their supposedly normal lives. I grew to have a vision in my head of who I wanted to become, and it was a mix of different unique characters I had grown to love. Creating scenarios where I replace the main character and what I would do differently in their situation and have little to no regret in my decisions, and then I realize I would never survive all the fights scenes I have read about. When I daydream, I usually daydream about life in general and how much I enjoy living in it despite the mess that is happening at the moment. 

          Knowing we have to go back to school soon, I have a feeling teachers will ask us to talk about what we have dealt with during this whole pandemic thing, and many people may have lost someone. The one person I lost during this pandemic was this sweet old man who used to buy lots of candy for Halloween and had no one to give them to because no one came by, and he would gather up all his candy go inside and turn his lights off. When I saw him the next day, he would always give me all the candy, this went on for about seven years, and my family got close with him because to us he was just the old man across the street. We got so close my brother started calling him grandpa, and we all got used to calling him that, and it kind of stuck. At this point, this is just a ramble. Still, that old man’s death affected me because he showed kindness to a young girl who came from El Salvador, not knowing anything besides her native language. He showed me that it didn’t matter who it was but never to be disappointed by a continuous outcome and to have the kindness to random strangers just as he had. 

          I am also aware that this first started about wanting to be the main character. Still, this whole thing was always meant to be a small ramble about anything and everything just for fun and to get my thoughts out in the opening where I know I probably won’t get judged for it. By the way, if we think about it, we are all the main characters because we all see the world differently than each other because what has happened to me may not have occurred to you. We all have similar experiences, but no two experiences are the same as another because certain people see stuff differently. This was kind of a roller coaster to write about since these are just some of my random things, and they don’t even coincide with each other.

I am writing again, so here is this little rambling short story type of thing, I’ll try to do one at least once a week, so I’ll do another one next Thursday. If you come from my old book that is no longer here, hello again, but if you stumbled upon this, thank you for reading. That’s all I have to say so see you next week.

Playlist For the Chapter:

° Girl With The Tattoo by Miguel

° Smores Yellow by BRYOZA

° Like I Want You by Giveon

° In The Car by Offonoff

° F*ck The World (Summer in London) by Brent Faiyaz

° I Don't Cry by Payday

° Lemme Know by Galush

° Sweet Moon by Sundarta

° My Kind of Woman by Mac DeMarco

° Swang My Way by bLAck pARty

° Just Friends by Keshi

° Emerald by RINI

° Perks of Being A Sunflower by Soft Glas

° Ronsom Princess by Clarence James

° Somebody Else by The 1975

° Be Your Girl by Teedra Moses