Of Banquets, Bastards, and Burials pt.2

The room becomes more lively as the queen walks in, the big banter of music and haughty laughter flood your ears. You cling closer to Jaskier as people bustle around you trying to see the queen. You notice Geralt leaning in the corner keeping to himself as two men are bantering about how they slew a manticore. Giving Geralt a look you can tell that what they are saying is a load of shit. You decide to pull Jaskier over to him as to listen in closer, but he tells you that he has got to start his gig soon. So by yourself, you decide to walk and stand by Geralt too afraid to be by yourself. Leaning on the wall next to Geralt you decide to listen to the rest of the men's phony conversation. Soon the boasty conversation turns into a full-on fight between the men and you and Geralt as if on key stand up straight ready to step in of you have to. A lady whispers to queen Calanthe that the two of you were witchers and she decides to make a comment about the whole thing. "Enough! We have two renowned guests here tonight...so which one is telling the truth." You look over to Geralt letting him take the pride knowing that nobody would ever listen to a woman. "Neither" he replies. "Are you calling me a liar old man" the ginger one retorts. Also feeling offended the brunette speaks up "The butcher of blaviken bleeds utter nonsense." You and Jaskier both give him a look as to not let him create a whole other type of chaos in the room. Jaskier doesn't need it because he invited Geralt as a bodyguard and guest. You don't want him to because you don't want to try and fight in the dress you had on, even though you had a dagger strapped to a guarder under your dress you didn't have the motivation to pull it out and use it tonight. Geralt decides to suck up his pride and make a comment. "Perhaps the lords have come across a rare subspecies of manticore. Both you and Jaskier sigh in relief as the situation was diffused. The queen starts laughing. "Well, maybe our esteemed guests want to tell us about the time that they slew the elves at the edge of the world". The crowd starts cheering as Geralt and yourself shrink into yourselves and sneer trying to divert the attention around yourselves. Both of you hated the attention but you placed a hand on Geralt's arm signaling that you were going to take this question. "There was no slaying, we had our asses kicked by a ragged band of elves, Geralt was about to have his throat cut when filavandrel let us go." the crowd stirs up in a commotion. The men from earlier decided to comment. "Yeah, but what about the song" Jaskiers eyes widen as he realizes that he might be the next one to be picked on if they found out that his whole song was a facade. This time Gealt decided to finish the conversation. "Well, at least when Filavandrels blade kissed my throat I didn't shit myself." He then raised his glass in a toast like format. "That is all I wish for you my lords, at your final a breath a shitless death." You giggled a little at his statement, and so did the whole room. The Queen looks impressed at the two of you. "Any man that is able to paint him in the shadows of failure is far more interesting than one who doesn't come witcher take a seat by my side while I change." You kind of stood there with your mouth open not knowing what to do, even though you were the name that was always next to Geralt's you were never noticed, not as much as he was. You figured that it was a time to take your seat as Jaskier was up performing and Geralt was literally seated at the right hand of the queen. You felt exposed and left out as you didn't know anybody at this thing and your two only friends had left you to fend for yourself. After the queen had come back and changed Jaskier had started an upbeat song. In the middle of it, he threw a quick little wink at you. You smiled and sent him an air kiss back. The rest of the night was going well as Jaskier finally took a break and was able to hang out with you. All was calm and going good until Urcheon of Erlenwald barged into the room with full armor on. The queen notices him and calls out his presence. You and Geralt both become alert, especially after he says a certain phrase. "I was summoned by the law of surprise" You and Geralt both know this phrase too well as people in the villages aren't always able to pay you in coin. Knowing how sacred this was to him you and Geralt already knew that you would have to defend this man. "Kill it" the Queen whispers through gritted teeth. "No." he replies knowing that this knight had been cursed and had no right to be killed. "What about you (y/n), you want to show off your witcher skills to the crowd". "Like Geralt said earlier No. This knight has been cursed". She grumbles in disgust, "you're as useless as the rest of them, Slay this beast!" The guards surrounding him unsheathe their swords and go at the knight. You quickly hike up your dress and grab the dagger that you stowed away, and ran into the action. Dundy fought well but was soon knocked down, you decided to run in. As you ran in you grabbed a sword noticing that it would be a whole lot easier to fight fire with fire. Right as a guard was about to plummet an ax into the fallen knight you block it with the discarded sword that you had picked up not only moments ago. As you uppercut his weapon it falls into the knight's arms. You look at him from the corner of your eye and nod signaling that he was okay and that you saved his life. Eventually, you, Geralt, and Dundy are all fighting the guards and other fellow lords when suddenly the queen steps in, and Geralt clashed their swords together "enough" she shouts. You all stop fighting to breathe heavily and watch as the princess runs into his arms and gives him a hug. The queen goes up to them acting like she is going to bless their marriage when the princess shouts a loud "NO!" her scream having power and force blowing everyone in the room backward and the lights shut out. You are blown backward into the wall behind you landing next to Jaskier, as you fall he covers your body with his as he tries to shield you from the flying debris.

Thank you guys so much for reading this story, I have decided to split this specific episode into three parts due to the complete massive story plot that Jaskier has in it thank you all for your time! Love you guys!!

-Abbiehp23