Chapter 2

Unknown POV

'Who are you?' Y/N asks in what looks like a mixture of fear and awe.

I chuckle, “I guess this is your first time seeing me isn't it.”

She frowns at that, her facial expression changing from one of shock, to one of agitation. “Answer me!” Despite her effort to seem tough, her eyes fail to hide her fear and her voice wavers slightly.

“If you survive this maybe I'll tell you.”

After hearing that, she seems to analyze what I said and her frown comes back full force. “Maybe? Maybe I should be questioning you more. This isn't our first time meeting. Maybe not face to face at least.”

‘She’s more perceptive than I thought.’ I note mentally.

Maybe you shouldn't be worrying about me as much as you should that curse over there” I say nonchalantly as I point in the direction of the curse running full speed toward her.

Y/N POV

Almost as if I forgot the previous situation, I blink and follow the direction of his finger.

My jaw drops and I can't even do anything but look at him and say “You expect me to survive this?”

He laughs and pushes me out of the way of the curse's blow, saying something along the lines of ‘not really,’ but... when his hands push me, I feel a part of me disconnect from myself. I turn around to look at him but I see my physical body jump around and attack the monster. I look down at myself to see my body is see through. An out of body experience? Did he just possess my body?! What is this Paranormal Activity?!

"You surprised?" He speaks through my body and, wow it's so weird hearing myself speak words that aren't mine.

"What did you do to me?" I yell as I float through the air.

"Relax. I just took your body for a sec.”

“You kicked me out of my own body?” I almost screech, flailing my semi transparent hands through the air.

“You can push me right out see? C'mere."

He ran up to me and somehow grabbed me by my translucent wrists(odd, huh?) and yanked me back into myself.

"How's that?" I hear inside my head. My mind feels too full.

"What did you do now? I thought you said I can push you out." I panic. I hear his mischievous chuckles ring through my entire being.

"I didn't feel like leaving yet, so we're sharing your body.” His voice feels like it's bouncing around in my skull.

“Are you that voice that I've been hearing all these years. Why are you following me of all people? Something isn't adding up.”

“Your family is more than meets the eye. Blame them for it, if you must.” He explains obscurely

I start to lose focus. "It feels cramped." I groan, pushing him around the inside of my mind.

"That's nowhere near the limit of my abilities. You wanna help your friends, yea?"

"Of course!" I declare.

"I'll give you something to fight with." He separates himself from me and I cross my arms and watch him. A small ball of light grows from his hand. He tosses it in the air and it falls, sinking into the ground. He stomps on the floor and a bright magic circle appears.

"From here I can summon a weapon you can use. There are 9 possibilities. Think of it like spinning a wheel at a casino. You don't know what weapon you'll get. Hell, even I don't know what weapon you'll get." He explains.