CHAPTER 1: A DELIVERY FOR YOU..

Pit pat...

The rain drop's loud chatter with the window being the only noise heard in the whole quiet room. I guess you could say 'pin drop silence'. It was as if the rain drops were begging to be let in by the lonesome young man who was sleeping with his head on his hand which was on the table in the dark room, that only had the table lamp and the white shining moonlight mixed with yellow street light peeking in shyly through his window as its source of brightness. He was in deep slumber, tired from from all the events happening in his life.

The steam that danced above the muddy, strong handmade black coffee has died down as it was left in cold by itself. The half eaten sandwich sat there on the plate while becoming cold too. The papers on the table kept fluttering trying to remind him of the work he needs to complete, yet they couldn't win against his exhaustion.. 

Mess.. thats the only word that could be used to describe his life at that moment. A lot has been on his plate that he didnt even have time for a proper meal. Being the CEO of a company at the young age of 23 wasn't an easy job to do. Especially when his business is still growing and he had no support even from his family. The exhaustion he faced was too cruel for his body and mind that was tiring his soul itself.

Ding Dong..

Suddenly the door bell woke him up from his deep slumber. A doorbell that was gonna change everything. A doorbell to hell indeed..

It rang the second time, followed by a knock for which he shouted a loud 'coming' as he turned to read the time from the wall clock, opposite to his table. 12:11. By now he was fully awake. He rushed towards the door, wondering who it could be at this odd hour of a week day. He saw through the peephole. There was nobody. He opened the door to find a package addressed to him. It didnt have a sender's address though. weird. He stepped outside his house to look at his right and left. nobody was there. Thinking someone was trying to prank him he was already plotting murder to whoever was a part of this prank which disturbed his beauty sleep. He carried the box inside after locking the door and kept the box on his table. 

It was a big brown cardboard box that was addressed to his name and address. now that he took a look he saw "A DELIVERY FOR YOU"  written in a creepy hand writing, as if was scribbled by a toddler, in red ink. He smelled it and found that it has a rotten smell. His eyes went wide as he realised that it was written with blood. Before he could comprehend things, he was already opening the box. Inside was doll, but a doll that was completely destroyed. It had a wire tied to its neck which made it look like it had committed suicide. But its whole body was full of scraps, scratches and cuts. It was covered with real blood too.. 

This was no longer a prank. 

His mind was totally blank and he didn't know what to do at all. He had to first get his shit together. He further into the box and found out a note, which seemed like written with blood too.

"Hope you figured out what my little gift means, dear alex.. And I hope you like it!

                                                                                                                               with love, psycho..."

Alex... that was the name his family used to call him.. but nobody here knows that name.. nobody.. And he knows for a fact it isnt one of them to play like this. Heck its been years since they last saw each other. By now he was sure that this wasn't a prank at all.. He didn't know who this mysterious person was and why he had send this gift to him.. many questions flowed through his mind like the flooded water.. what was he supposed to do? should he go to the police? will they believe him? what does this mean? who is behind this? and mainly

who is this psycho?....

But his chain of thoughts were disturbed by the vibration of a phone call that was placed on the table. He was too engrossed in his own thoughts to realize the fact that it had rang twice already. Not that he could hear it anyways. Nothing was now powerful enough to penetrate through to his mind and steal his attention. He didnt even know what to think or understand from this. 

Being a young CEO he has received threats too. But none of them have drawn his attention like this one. Maybe its the steve & co thats playing because he didn't accept their partnership after even after their continuous approach? they did tell me i'd regret it. but why would anybody write it with blood?

He went to the intercom and dialed the security guards of that place. They picked up after 3 rings.

"hello.. securit-" he couldnt even complete his sentence as a yell was heard from the other side.

"who let that package in?!" he couldnt help but raise his voice due to the tension.

"i-it was m-me sir. a guy with mask wearing a black hoodie told me to give this to u sharp at 12:11 and said it was regarding business so i got it from him and kept it in front of-" he was cut off yet again by his infuriated boss.

"did u ask for his name? how could u get it just like that?" he kept nagging the poor middle aged man. 

"h-he didn't tell his name saying you would know him well. i-im sorry sir" he breathed out when he heard the other line going blank.

On the other hand alex was beyond confused. He had mixed emotions. Anxiety, rage, confusion. Why? who? these questions kept ringing his ears. 

He sat on his chair with his head between his hands and ran it through his hair while letting out a huff of annoyance. He took the phone to dial his secretary, only to notice 5 missed calls from a number he thought he least expected the call from.

He called the number again with shaky hands and a raspy voice answered it, like the person had been crying. But before he could even say hello, the other person started speaking

"your m-mom.." he couldnt complete his tears as he broke down crying. 

alex on the other hand couldn't comprehend what was being said. he somehow found his voice to ask "how?..." a whisper as he felt himself breaking already. 

"suicide.. though investigation would be held tomorrow." the old man broke down completely now.. even tho he hated to admit, this broke alex's heart. his mom was the most special person in his life. 

but why would she even take her own life when she herself considered it as the act of coward and biggest sin ever?..

He felt himself breaking already.. but with his might he still asked "what t-time.." But the answer that was told breathe stop and jaw drop as the phone fell to the floor..

"12:11"

He heard another ding from his phone which indicated he got a message. As he read the message from unknown number,

"I believe you got the call, dear alex. This is just the trailer, so don't waste your tears...

                                                                                                                                                     with love, psycho... "