preference 14 » your break-up

STEFAN: is messy. You both cry a lot and it seems like you've broken up now, but it's left unclear to you both and you don't what is going to happen next. You keep your distance for a few days before you go to him, looking for some answers.

DAMON: happens all the time. You are in an on/off-relationship and you don't know what to do about it — you love him a lot but you keep on fighting with him and it always ends with a break-up. Though it never lasts for a long time. It's a cycle that you hope to end but it never does.

JEREMY: is fair and reasonable. You both agree that you've been drifting apart for some time now, and decide that breaking up is the smart thing to do. You break up, but you still continue to be friends, which in fact is possible although your friends doubt it. 

ELIJAH: doesn't happen. Your relationship is great, neither of you feel the need to argue, let alone break up. He loves you and you love him and you know that is what really matters.

KLAUS: is always so close to happening but it never does. He always tries to push you away in the belief that you'll only be in danger around him, but you're stubborn and refuse to let this good thing go so easily. So, you'll fight for your love, and he always gives in. 

KOL: happens after a rough argument. You've both declared your hate towards each other, you've thrown things and hurt each other emotionally and physically. After this argument, you know breaking up is the best because clearly the relationship isn't working.