Chapter 8

Once we reached the room, she told me that she was just pretending that she wanted to stay here, in front of the other mermaids and especially the queen! Because she had a problem similar to asthma and she got an asthma attack when she saw me. Because she is my long lost mother! And I am her long lost daughter! And I had no reaction because I thought she was talking shit and I told her the reason why I had come there.

I told her "If you don't want to stay here then come back with me. And just don't believe this people. Because my mother's name is Claire! And I have proof that is my birth certificate! They might have misunderstood me with their princess. And please come back with me. At least show your face to Carol, Samantha, Alice and Madison! Everyone is just so worried about you. And how can you stay here? Won't your mother be worried that why haven't you returned back home until now!" Clara also looked Upset. So we made a plan.

The plan was that I have to go back to the queen and I will be allowed to enter the room because they think I am their princess. When we both entered, I'll say to the queen that "Mother, I have identified you. AND I am ready to stay here with you. But the human mother of mine might be worried about me. I just want to see her for last and say goodbye to her and my friends. And I need someone to accompany me. So I want Clara also to come with me. Can you please give us your kind permission? So I can at least say goodbye to them?" And I am 99% sure she might melt with these pure words.
So, we stick to the plan and performed it.
Oh my God! I couldn't believe that she agreed! So I swam with Clara to the shore. And I had to pull her out of the water because she had a tail. But when she touched the sand the tail transformed back to legs. We ran to the tree house and everyone was so excited to see Clara! Why won't they be? Even I hugged Clara desperately! It was the first time I felt so happy seeing her so of course I had to live that moment!
We had a tiny party which didn't have much food just some roasted seaweeds sprinkled with some sea salt as expected because we didn't have anything else to go with. We sang songs in our terrible voices but we had no other option. We danced and sang. And soon we were much tired! So we went to sleep. It was very cold that night and it was the first time Alice shared her sleeping bag with us! We took turns to sleep in it.
I woke up at the crack of dawn because of all that cawing of the ravens and the other tropical birds. But I got a huge shock when I saw that there was no one else in the room leaving me. I was so terrified! That had the SOS come to the rescue and forgot to take me with them? I had so many bad thoughts in my mind! So I went to the window to look for them. I couldn't see anyone! But suddenly, there was a huge shout of 'Happy birthday Jenn!' I was so surprised that I had forgotten my own birthday! And I was so happy when they gave me a surprise wish. But then there was one more thing that surprised me the most! They had made French fries, A cake and a drink!
I was like huh? Is there any restaurant nearby?! But they said no. They told me that they came to know that there a tiny garden nearby that was growing fresh fruits and vegetables. So they had got some potatoes and peas from there and the cake was made without oven. And the ingredients were also nothing but just biscuits and milk. So we went to the garden and got some ripe fruits and some vegetable with which we could make various soups!
We had a nice lunch that time and we were so full that we couldn't even move from our places. We came to know that there were also some cacao trees going so we could also make some tempting chocolates!
To be honest I felt so much like we were living there like the Swiss Robinson family!
But I and Clara realized that should we return to the sea?

The gate to the hell of confusion