18-Marinette

I wake up and smile at the memory of the night before. He's gone but that was expected. It still leaves my heart aching though. I get out of bed and take off my clothes from the night before. They smell like Chat Noir. I hold them to me for a moment, savouring the scent. I turn and jump in the shower. I look at my clock and see that it's 7:30. Wow that's early for me. I have 30 minutes before I have to meet Adrien. I squeeze shampoo into my hand and run it through my hair, still thinking of the events that occured the night before.

Once I'm clean and dry I open my wardrobe. I grab a black skirt with green stitching around the hem and a stapless green top. I run my hand through my hair as I go to do it up but I stop. I grabbed a black hair clip and clippen one side of my hair while the other half hung down in waves. I slip on a pair of black heeled boots and look in the mirror, realising that my outfit is definitely Chat Noir inspired. I giggle, noticing that he's really had an effect on me. I look at the time. 10 minutes. I go downstairs to see my parents whispering on the sofa.

"Good morning," I sing.
"Good morning, dear," my mother says.

I grab a slice of toast and shove it in my mouth while pouring myself some apple juice. I finish my toast and down my juice.

"Why the rush dear, it's not like you to be on time," my father laughs.
"Papaaa," I whine, " I'm meeting Adrien before school."
"Oh yeahhhh," he says suspiciously but I let it slide.

I rush out the door and walk towards the school. I see Adrien already standing there pacing back and forth muttering something under his breath. Usually when I see him, my heart races and I begin to sweat but now, I feel nothing.

"Adrien, hi," I say.
He looks me up and down and smiles. "Mari, you look.......AMAZING!" He compliments.
"Uh thanks," I reply, twirling around so the skirt puffs out, "it's my own design."
"No way! That's so good! You're so talented!" he says in disbelief.
I giggle. "So why did you want to meet me this morning?" I ask.
"There's something I have to tell you something that I should've told you a long time ago," he grabs my hands as he says this.
"What's going on?" I ask. Normally I would stammer if Adrien held my hands but I don't.
"I'm just gonna come out and say it," he says, "Mari, I like you. Like I liiikkkeee you, as more than a friend."
"I- what?" I'm shocked, "didn't you just break up with Kagami the other day. And since when did you feel this way. You always said I was just a friend!"
"Yeah I know but something happened that made me see that I want you," he smiles.
"ADRIEN!" I yell, tears forming in my eye. "Now you decide to fall for me! Once I've FINALLY moved on. After two whole years of hearing 'MaRIneTte'S JuST a FriEnD" I finally gave up on you," I push his shoulder as I say this, tears rolling down my cheek. "I'm finally happy and then you go and do this! You go and make me re-think everything!"
I proper ugly crying at this point.
"Mari- I didn't- I didn't mean for this to happen. I just thought I should let you know," he stares at the floor.
Damn, I feel bad. I kinda overreacted.
"Adrien, I'm sorry. I flipped out. But I'm in love with someone else now. Can we just forget this, please. You mean so much to me and I still want you in my life. I need you in my life," I say in between sobs.
He smiles and wipes a tear from my cheek. He leaves his hand there for a moment as he stares into my eyes. He blinks and pulls his hand away quickly.
"Mari, I can't just pretend that these feelings don't exist because they do. But I will do whatever you need to be comfortable, okay?" He tells me.
I smile and hug him.
"And again Adrien I'm sorry," I say pulling away from the hug.
"Don't be. It's not your fault that I was too stupid to realise how amazing you are sooner," he laughs.
I blush and giggle.
"Thankyou, Adrien," I say.

We walk into school together and Alya grabs my arm and spins me around.

"What the hell was that! Who is this person you like? Is it Luka. No, Nathaniel? What about Max? Wait, is it Chat Noir? It's Chat Noir isn't it," Alya squeals.
"Woah woah, Alya slow down," I laugh as I pull her to an empty corner. "Yes, it's Chat Noir. We've been hanging out a lot lately and I don't know what it is but I really really like him."
Alya stares at me a sec while holding me an arms length away before pulling me into a hug and yelling, "OH MY GOD OH MY GOD OH MY GODDDDDDD! MY BESTIE IS GONNA DATE A SUPERHERO AND THEY'RE GONNA MARRY EACHOTHER AND HAVE A BUNCH OF KIDS!"
"Shutup," I hiss.
Luckily no one seemed to have heard Alya's fangirl moment.
"You like Chat so much that you actually rejected Adrien. ADRIEN AGRESTE! The boy you've been head over heals for. FOR TWO YEARS! This is so cool!" Alya yells again.
I roll my eyes at her as the bell rings. Huh, literally saved by the bell.

We walk into class and we say hi to Nino. I smile at Adrien and he smiles back weakly. Regardless of what he said, he still looks pretty hurt. I sit in my seat and Miss Bustier starts the lesson.

"Today we will be learning about Romeo and Juliet. Two star-crossed lovers who are meant to be but with a heart-breaking fate," Miss Bustier says.
Alya looks at me and grins.

This is going to be a very long day.

A/N

hey guys! Just wanted to say that this is the longest chapter I've written. It's over 1000 words lol.
Also, I won't be uploading any chapters for the next few days as I will be on holiday hence me posting two fairly long ones today.

That's all.
Bug Out!