Chapter 29

A/N: nothing much to explain! I just want y'all to know it's been a week since the last two chapters (which happened on the same day)!!

Hui POV:

As I sit with a board of photographers and directors, I space out. It's almost been an entire month since I murdered Hyunggu.

Nobody blames me for it, since technically I didn't have any other choice. But how could I NOT feel like the worst person on earth right now?

I spent almost everyday with Y/n, making sure she was okay and safe. Surprisingly, she was handling this situation better than I thought. Normally, after being there for something like that, people wouldn't want anything to do with us, but Y/n stayed with me and the seok brothers everyday.

I think....I'm slowly getting better. My eyes still water whenever someone brings it up, but I'm not crying everyday now. I don't think I can ever forgive myself for my actions. I am the person who shot Hyunggu, the one who took his life. 

You know, Yuto may be there person who forced me to kill Hyunggu, but I don't blame him. Hyunggu first made Yuto kill Changgu, and we all know how much Yuto loved Changgu. Then, he got his girlfriend pregnant?!

Every time I start to think of Yuto poorly I put myself in his shoes. You'd go crazy if the guy who made you kill your friend AND got your girlfriend pregnant suddenly showed up. And on top of that, your friend believes he's innocent.

"HUI?!" Y/n shouts. Startled, I jump back in my chair. "S-sorry I was thinking about something else" I apologize to the photographers and directors, giving a 90 degree bow. They nod their heads and accept my quick apology.

I pull my chair in and Y/n slightly taps her hand on mine before taking it back, "please excuse my manager. Someone important to him died recently, so please try to understand" she says sweetly, making sure to smile and work her natural-born charm. And of course like everyone else, they eat it up.

"Oh of course Y/n! It's no problem at all. In fact, if you feel like you need to at all Hui, you can step out of the room for and take a second" the head director speaks. I smile and give another bow, but just a slight one this time.

—————-

After the meeting, I'm left with at least 20 different papers. I turn to look at Y/n and she's carefully analyzing the offers she's got. It makes me happy, how hard working and determined she is, it's admirable.

Soon, I'm staring too long and Y/n catches me. "Umm you okay Hui?" She asks, raising her left eyebrow.

"No yeah I'm fine. It just always makes me proud, how hardworking you are" I compliment her. Her face lights up as she puts the papers back into the new folder we bought to keep up with everything.

"Psshh. You're my manager, you're the one who's doing all the heavy lifting, I just execute the jobs you set up for me" she returns the compliment, her smile as bright as it always is.

"Finally I get a compliment from my client" I lean back into my chair, putting my hands behind my head and crossing my legs. Y/n laughs at me before shooting me an awfully ugly stare.

"Ya know for a person so beautiful you sure make some ugly faces sometimes" I joke, laughing as I speak. Y/n scoots her chair over a little and hits my on my arm. She giggles as she backs away from me, afraid that I'll return the hit. Instead I roll my eyes and smile at her.

"How about we go get some ice cream?" I suggest. Y/n has been dieting this entire time, she's looks great and is doing great, but everyone needs a break sometimes.