[Part II, The Sound of an Enemy's Song] Twenty Sixth Symphony: Hurts When I Walk

"I plan to never again turn my gaze back

Start looking forwards

I want to remember a bit of this city,

Start laughing so loud 

That it hurts me when I walk.

I can't find a way anymore,

To listen to you without talking back

Let the ocean take us

And I'm writin', and I'm waitin', and 

I know what I'm saying

For the flight, for the flight"

-Duele al Caminar, Jenny And The Mexicats. (Woot woot, first spanish song in the book!)

The end of the world was right before them. The land ended in a vast ocean of many shades of blue, exactly like the ones in Chainne's eyes; under a many shades black sky with reddish lines where the clouds looked like bruises and the stars colored tears.

Zoe walked forwards like she was asleep, feeling the strange softness of the sand under her feet. It was so strange, so different... and so liberating. She smiled, like she could see the Shadow Lands in the horizon. What would they be like? She hoped they had no Emperor. She hoped they didn't have a government. She hoped-

"Well, where are we supposed to find a boat?"

They all turned to glare at Cydak, annoyed. The hunter only shrugged.

"What?"

"Great way to ruin the moment, Hill," Zhack groaned.

"I'm right, aren't I?"

Zoe grumbled under her breath, walking back to where the group stood. Chainne was looking at the ocean with her mouth hanging open, like she could just run to it and swim to their destination.

"He has a point," Zoe crossed her arms over her chest, angry once again. "How are we supposed to get a boat? We can't travel by energy, because if suddenly we're too tired we won't have anywhere to rest and we'll fall to our inminent deaths-"

"Our dear Earth will be the one who answers his own question," Stan announced, looking pointedly at said guy.

He didn't seem to like what he saw.

There were only two reasons for Cydak's stay with the group: one, he was necessary, and the other, that Chainne seemed to be able to control him before he made the original trio snap and harm him.

"What do you mean?" Cydak tried to raise his hands, but couldn't separate them from each other.

"We should free him..." Chainne said. "He's part of the team, isn't he?"

Zoe turned to look at the other girl. She had escaped to the ocean and was cheerfully sitting on the sand, allowing the water to play with her toes. Zoe raised an eyebrow on her direction.

"Him being part of the team doesn't mean we can't trust him."

"Amen," said a very annoyed Zhack. "The bastard attacked us, let him suffer."
"Fine, fine, I did attack you, but it was following your daddy's orders, who, by the way, ruined my life, so stop. What do you mean, Brook?"
Zoe glared at him.

"There are two Brook's here, idiot."

"Enough!" Stan ordered. "I mean, Hill, that you can move bits of land big enough for us to be on until we get there."

"And what when he gets tired?"

Stan shruged.

"Then he takes our energy."

"Ew!"

"No!"

"Okay."

Zoe and Zhack turned to look at Chainne like a pair of eagles.

"What?!" they demanded, disgusted.

"I said okay," the girl shrugged, turning red. "I mean, if it's necessary. Because if it isn't..."

The other girl shivered dramatically.

"No way. That bastard is not taking any of my energy."
"Then we give it to Chainne so she gives it to him."

Stan received a pair of disgusted looks from both Zoe and Zhack.

"Fine, fine! Do you have a better plan?"

Silence.

"That's what I thought."

Zoe made a face.

"Uhh... It's night time, why don't we just rest a bit and then see if we have something better?"

"I'm glad to see you guys like me so much," grumbled Cydak.

"Stop it, Hill," she made a dusting motion with her hand. "Think about it, would you trust us if we were the ones that attacked you?"

"Uh..."

"See?"

"Well," Chainne suddenly appeared behind the hunter and cut quickly his ties. "I don't think tying him up will earn us his trust, or will it, Cydak?"

"CHAINNE!"

"Good Lord, your faces. He's not going to kill us!"

Zoe went full hands-on-hips furious.

"And how would you know?"

"I just know it," Chainne became serious. "And anyways, we're all he's got."

The other three stopped themselves from yelling at her, perceiving a double meaning to her words.

"I know I wouldn't attack you if I were him."

"Um... Chainne," Zoe called quietly. "Old Mount?"

The other girl's voice broke when she answered,

"Dead."

I WAS GOING TO SAY SOMETHING, BUT I FORGOT.

HUH...

EH...

UH...

NOPE, I FORGOT. This one goes to... to... idk. 

Coca-Cola and french fries,

-Catty