Dream on

Have you ever had a dream?
A really big, amazing dream?
One that you believed in with all your heart!

Well I have but look where it got me...

"Stupid, stupid, stupid!" A boy yells out as his hand slams again the brick wall. It trembles in a fist after the contact, hurting more than expected. If you look closely you can see the broken skin.

The boys head hangs low letting the dark hair fall forward to cover his eyes. Although it's midday the sunlight can't reach the alleyway. So he hides like a shadow. He uncurls his hand and falls to his knees.

The ground is rough and cold, laying uneven agents his skin. It's clearly uncomfortable yet he makes no move to get up. Instead he clutches the hand to his chest protectively. Cradling it close and waiting for the throb to cool down.

A soft murmur sound out through the space as the boy speaks to himself. "I should have known..." it's no louder than a whisper but to him it sounds like a shout. "...I shouldn't have just..." the boy goes quiets as his anger all but diminishes.

Staying put on the floor his eyes squeezed shut, as tight as he can make them. It does very little to hold back the flood. His tears spring to life and stream down his face. Some fall helplessly on the floor while others simply roll down to his neck.

After anger comes great sadness

The boy, prior to this break down, had been saved by a hero. It made it the second time today.

Lady Luck was rarely ever on his side but not one to tempt fate he held back his complaints. He still prepared himself, there was always some kind of misfortune to endure.

The dark haired boy smiles bitterly thinking over the events. Usually this hero fanatic would immediately be stunned. He'd be worshipping the ground said hero stood on. Asking quick fire questions non stop. Analysing every thing to a fine detail.

Yet this time he stayed quite. He didn't reach for his note book, he didn't ask questions. He just kept his head low and bowed politely thanking the hero quietly before running off.

Now we arrive where we started. In a side street. A few blocks from the second incident. The boy still struggling to rain back the tears, his efforts are futile so he allows his body to shake with silent sobs. Letting the storm inside him free.

Sensing the distress his quirk is quick to act. Two green wings wrap protectively around him. The soft feathers bring him warmth that he deeply appreciates. They act almost like a safety blanket, a barrier of sorts.

He looks so desperately in need of a hug yet no one is around to do so, so he hugs himself. He has to make do with his wings but he's not one to complain. Curled up out of prying eyes way.

He's fine with it surprisingly. He had long accepted his fate. He new long before his first and only encounter with the big number one hero. He new his dream was too big. He was simply too small. He knew he could never act on it. Yet it still hurt.

There was always the medical industry?

To be broken by an idol, your hero what worse punishment is there

The question of why this poor boy was having such a breakdown in the first place was simple. His dream had been shattered. Millions of tiny pieces lay in his mind. Each pice was deceptively sharp. And stung every time he tried to clear it up.

His favourite person in the world or well ex favourite person in the world completely shut down his dream. He expected it but it still pained him. He was told no. It was simple and to the point. No sympathy, no care. Just NO.

Since that encounter he forgot to pay attention to the world around him. He was dipping in and out of reality. As he held back a storm. He was lost in his mind and that caused him to almost walked off a bridge. If it hadn't been for the second hero he would have been a goner.

Well not really he could fly but he could have been too late. His reaction time would have been too slow. The new hero simply swooped him up and places him back where he had been.  

They boy, shocked out of his thoughts, scrambled to pull himself together. He apologised for wasting the heroes time then thanked him accordingly. Although he had questions for the hero all he could manage was to ran off before another lecture could start.

His wing wrap tighter around him almost warning him of something.
"Hay kid?" Ah there it is. A voice broke the silent thoughts. It was strangely familiar, but as his back was turned he couldn't place the voice to a face.

The boy unfreezes letting his wings stretching out to protect him from the unknown stranger. He frantically wipes away at his eyes before turning around. Oh the hero is back.

"Ummm hawks? I'm very sorry for the trouble I have caused you. I am also sorry for running off." He bows again. The questions of why the hero is here are pushed to the back of his mind. As he stares down at the floor.

"Hay no kid get up. It's fine I'm here to help okay? That's my job." The small boy nods again. The two stand alone for a while keeping one lost in thought and one with his head low like he was always told to. It takes a while before the kid speaks up.

"Sir?" He tries to sound kind and polite, "Was there something you needed?" He tries not to sound rude, respecting the hero. "Ah yes it was about your wings are they...?" He trails off his questions. People are always interested in them, at least for a short time.

"Oh. I-it's my quirk, it's call angle wings. I wanted to be a hero but all might said I can't. Not with my quirk." The boy looks down. A small blush from embarrassment. How could he just run off like that? Then embarrass himself in font of that hero.

"Wrong." Hawks voice sounds out. It's strong and confident. Quite loud too.

The boy immediately snaps his head up. "I-I'm sorry what?" He stutters back to the hero. He feels he has misheard the word. Hawks just offers a smug smile back. "I said wrong. Your quirk is great to becoming a hero. In fact I will help prove that!"

Thus started the beginning of a new dream.

Spread your wings and fly little birdy

That's what he always tells him. Hawks and his little brother Izuku midoriya. Or you may know him as the side kick Angle wing.

It didn't take long for the News to get out. People were surprised that the new and rank climbing hero hawks had a new apprentice.

Everyone knew and said how he had wings just like him, and a quirk that deemed him an angel. Some thought they were related others just a mentor and student.

All the attention embarrassed Izuku at first, he'd shy away from cameras and blush when people called him angle wings. He was always hiding behind hawks or his wing. But soon he grew more confidence.

He smiled and answered questions. He proved his worth and saved people countless times. He was selfless and a little stupidly brave. Hawks had to keep a good eye on him. Soon enough izuku got offered an official spot as hawks number one side kick.

His only sidekick.

From then on they was almost never seen without each other. No matter what they were doing they were always together. Hero work, shopping, going home. You name it they were together, the bond they had was the strongest kind.

They could trust each other without question. Communicating in battle almost telepathically. They soon climbed the ranks to number 3.

Izuku couldn't be happier. Sure it wasn't his original dream but this?

This was so much better.

Hello and welcome to my new book! It's a shindeku book. Hopefully to your liking. I don't see many Shinso x deku books and have had a few comments so here I am making my own! If you have questions or suggestions as alway be sure to leave a comment. And if you've made it this far I'd appreciate a vote too! Till next time

Starry

Song: little dark age