Chapter 30: Forgiveness

He smashed his lips on mine. Swiftly moving his head, making our lips fit together like puzzle pieces.

"I don't even care what you had ready. Elena. I miss you. I need you." He said in a hoarse voice as he moved his lips away from mine. Putting our foreheads together.

My eyes remained closed. Savoring the taste of his lips on mine. I cupped his face. "Steve. I need you. I miss you." I said as his breath hovered over my lips.

"But, you need to know I won't be able to give you anything of what you deserve I don't have that kind of mon-."

"Hush. I don't care if we live in a mansion, in a house, or in a run down shack. As long as I'm living with you. I'm fine. The money is something that to me, has no importance." I said looking at him.

He smiled down to me and placed another kiss on my lips.

He was the death of me.

———————————————————

We walked into the house. As I opened the door, Steve placed his lips on my neck, making me giggle. I turned around and faced him. He wrapped his hands around my waist and kissed my lips. He closed the door with his foot. We walked a couple of steps, kissing eachother. Until we heard a couple of coughs. We pulled away immediately. Meredith and soda just stared at eachother and smiled. "Hey guys." I said nervously.

Meredith laughed. "Well looks like y'all finally got your shit together. I'm glad." She said.

I grabbed Steve by the hand and led him to the living room. I sat on the floor. Meredith handed me a bottle of tequila. "You got the good kind!" I said excitedly. Steve laughed as I took a sip of it.

Sodapop looked at Meredith and I.

"Has anyone ever wondered if you two were dating?" He asked in a jokester matter. We both laughed.

"Nope. Because everyone knows we screw men like whores on tequila." Meredith answerd. We all laughed.

"Is that so now?" Steve asked in a jokingly jealous tone.

I played a long and nodded my head.

"Better not catch you drinking then." Sodapop joked towards Meredith.

There was a knock at the door.

"I'll get that." Meredith said as she stood up and continued laughing.

"Hello how can I help you?" Meredith said as her laughter died down and she simply smiled.

"Um.. is Sodapop here?" It was a female voice. And I saw Meredith's smile fade away...