Chapter 3

Chapter 3

When I approached the grocery store, I was eager. I mean honestly, that was the longest car ride of my life.

I parked and closed the back window. When I got in the store, I felt that cool rush of air that I always feel when I walk into somewhere cold with automatic doors. It kind of always made my eyes feel dry though.

I got a shopping cart and looked at the list of things to get. She put on the list a visa gift card for the party, but for the house she listed other things. Some things were bread, lemonade, and meat.

I hurried up and got those things, but I also got a box of Oreos and some cookies and cream ice-cream since it WAS on my credit card.
As I waited in line to check out, I felt a tap on my shoulder.

I gasped and turned around to see a friendly guy who looked my age. He was dark brown welcoming eyes that reminded me of Clark. "Sorry I didn't mean to scare you while I was trying to get a pack of gum." He smiled a cock eyed grin that also reminded me of Clark's. I smiled,

"It's okay."

I kept on staring into his eyes. He cocked his head to the side. He noticed that I was staring at him.

"Oh sorry... It's just that you remind me so much of... Somebody that I knew... Way back."

I saw his light brown hair and that made me realize that he looked exactly like Clark. He could be mistaken for him... Except... Clark is... Dead.

"It's okay.

He had beautiful brown eyes that had black specks in them.

"What your name?" I suddenly asked him, anxious to know.

"My name... Call me Weston."

I smiled, "nice to meet you then, Weston."

He swiped his credit card. And put his hands on his cart.

"What's your name?" He asked me before leaving.

"My names Scarlet."

He smiled and waved, "Bye Scarlet... See you around then I guess." He walked away with his cart.

A few minutes later, I checked out, and was putting groceries away in the passenger seat. I started the car and drove off.
As I was driving, I was thinking about Clark and his death. I remember it so well. So clear.