II

⚠️repressed anxiety, pushing back a panic attack until alone⚠️

Tony packed as fast as he could, and when it was time he slipped on his shoes and headed towards the elevator. The suitcase was light, he only needed a few clothes, guessing they'd be stopping at hotel rooms on the way. It didn't make sense to him, as there was a group releasing computerized viruses. It was just different, he thought they would be rushing to get there and stop it.

He asked about that as soon as he saw the Captain. "Hey Capsicle? Are we stopping at hotels, I thought we'd just drive straight there fast and shut it down"

"Yeah Tony that would be ideal but that's a really long drive no matter what speed and we can't risk being too sleep deprived and out of it when we get there" he responded, "want to drive?"

Tony sighed, releasing a breath of air he didn't know he was holding. He hated being driven, the only person he would allow was Happy. Ever since that damn explosion, the one that caused all of this.

"Yeah" he threw his suitcase in the trunk and slid into the drivers seat. The leather of the wheel soothed him and his shaking hands stilled for now.

"Hellooo everyone" Clint said when he climbed into the far back seat. Natasha rolled her eyes as she followed. Bruce and Thor slid into the middle seats.

"Everyone ready to kick some un-named ass?" Tony asked putting the car in drive.

"Hell yes" they responded, Steve had grown out of his 'LaNgUaGe' habit a few months ago.

"Alright let's go, one of you can find a hotel about twelve hours from here? That should be a good time to stop"

"You want to drive for twelve straight hours?" Bruce asked, slightly concerned. They all knew about Tony's terrible sleep schedule, it's just a good thing they don't know why it's so bad.

"Yeppers, we can stop for food and the bathroom and such of course but other than that yeah"

Just a little past four thirty, the sky was still dark. It would be a few hours until the sun rose so for now the car was silent. Thor had fallen asleep first, along with Clint. Then Bruce and Natasha slowly slipped. Their snores filled the car but it was a calming noise.

That left tony and Steve, Tony awake because he was driving and Steve because he wanted to make sure Tony didn't fall asleep at the wheel.

"So, anything new with you cap?" Tony asked when the silence was too much.

"Not really, I've just been drawing a lot. The cities actually really beautiful"

"Yeah it really can be..."

"What about you?" He asked turning to face Tony.

"Same old same old, I've been working mostly. Shield never stops with their tech upgrades" he laughed lightly.

"Yeah I can see that, every time I visit the helipad it looks completely different"

"That might also have to do with Coulson's minor obsession with wall paint"

"You're probably right" they both laughed, and trailed off into silence. Tony never would've thought they'd be friends. After the whole civil war thing it had been rough, Steve gave him the phone but he didn't call for weeks. A few times he wanted to, but panicked before hitting the button and had to calm down from flashbacks of what he did.

It took a long time to get used to his face again.

Bucky chose to live in Wakanda, he wanted to find peace that he hadn't seen in a long time. Steve was heartbroken at first, but he got over it. 'I just want him to be happy, that's all I've ever wanted. I don't care if its not here with me, I just want him to be happy' Steve had said.