003

Note: i started (had the idea for) this when yoonbin was still in the lineup for treasure, so that's why he's listed in tags/characters. Still more a minor (?) character tho so hopefully that clears that up in case anyone was wondering hjsjsj

Junkyu was not, by any means, prepared for this. It was so soon. How could he possibly talk to him this early? He just found out his name only 30 minutes ago. Junkyu didn't even know he existed until this morning. There was a whole process he was going to go through before even following him on Instagram, let alone do a school project with him.

He was overreacting.

I'm overreacting, he thought.

Told you.

Junkyu's initial five seconds of shock quickly turned into a small, friendly smile.

"Hi! I do, actually. Need a partner, that is," There were no words to describe how nervous he was, but to keep his calm facade, he opted to shuffling his feet awkwardly and praying it wasn't noticeable.

Mashiho smiled back at him, "Sick, I don't know anyone in this class so I was worried I'd have to work alone." The boy chuckled slightly, trying to start some conversation.

Junkyu truly struggled to focus on his words. Mashiho was much prettier up close. Although, he could admit he was much softer in person. His face, specifically. His smile felt like warmth, it wrapped Junkyu in a tight hug that felt like it would never let go. Mashiho's aura was so... comforting?

I barely know him.

They had only spoken their first words to each other 10 seconds ago. That's all it took for him to weird Mashiho out, apparently, as the boy was looking at Junkyu with a confused expression.

Junkyu regained his composure and looked back at Mashiho less creepily. "Oh yeah! You're new~. That must be hard.... It's your first day right?" He looked at the other expectantly, slightly cringing at his own words. Junkyu's sudden change in demeanor was out of place, seeming to make the other boy a little uncomfortable.

"Yup... Just hoping I have people I know in my other classes," Mashiho smiled awkwardly.

Junkyu looks down at his watch, desperately searching for some way to go back, to restart this conversation. "Well... there's only 2 minutes left, so how about we talk about the project next class?" He barely gives mashiho any time to respond before he's beginning to walk back to his desk, "Um- I'm gonna go get my stuff, see you tomorrow?" Junkyu turns around before he gets any sort of acknowledgement.

He was almost tripping over the desks to get there. Yedam and Minhee were talking about their project, but Junkyu had no interest in waiting for Yedam. He was booking it out of class when that bell rang.

Mashiho stood, frozen, almost in awe at the conversation he just had. He collects himself, shaking his head in a sort of disbelief, and goes to gather his things just as the bell chimes. He watches as his partner sprints out of the room, leaving his friends behind. One of Junkyu's friends calls after him, but the boy doesn't stop.

The friend then turns to Mashiho as he's walking back to his own desk to gather his belongings.

"Do you know what's up with him? I know he's your partner. Yedam by the way," the friend asks expectantly.

Mashiho shrugs, "No clue. Barely talked to him honestly."

Yedam looks at him, confused, but clearly chooses not to further his accusations. Mashiho gives the two boys a quick smile and walks towards the door to the hallway.