The Only Dog I Tolerate

Never had anyone in the agency noticed that Dazai was deathly afraid of dogs. It was almost surprising. 

Dazai Osamu was afraid of dogs. 

It was like clockwork how Dazai would react to dogs. 

First, he would freeze, only slightly. Then he would shrink to the side almost hiding behind Kunikida. After that, he would continue to walk. 

But if that dog growls, barks, or jumps at him, he flinches so hard that Atsushi grimaces as if he was in pain. 

Dazai never brought up his fear of dogs. He didn't think that it was all that important. 

Chuuya on the other hand knew it was important. 

He remembers one time, a long time ago when Dazai's back was always draped in black, a dog had all but ripped his arm apart. It was terrible. 

Chuuya couldn't tell what was skin and what was bandages. The worst part about it was that Dazai refused to see Mori. 

Now, it was less noticeable, but if someone who knew this fear looked hard enough you could definitely see it. 

And that was what had happened on this particular mission. 

It was very unexpected. Even Atsushi didn't see the dog sneak out from behind the dumpster. 

But both him and his mentor heard the sickening growl before the dog jumped up. 

Dazai barely had anytime to open his mouth before the beast latched onto his arm. 

Teeth sinking into his skin. 

"Dazai!", Atsushi yelped as he tried to yank the beast off of him. Dazai was trying his best to unlatch the dog from off of his arm, but that only drove the dog to bite harder. 

"Get it off", Dazai hissed. Atsushi nodded while he grabbed the dog once more. 

Dazai didn't even wait for Atsushi to finish. 

He instead grabbed the dogs throat, and with a surprisingly strong twist, a snap was heard. 

Atushi's eyes widened when the dogs body went limp. 

He looked up at his mentor. Dazai wasn't even looking at him. Instead his eyes where more focused on his arm. Atsushi cringed when he saw the now forming blood blotch on the others tan coat. 

"I'm going to the agency", Dazai said. 

Atsushi felt a shiver go up his back. Dazai's voice sounded so cold. It sounded far away as well. 

When Dazai turned his back to continue on his way Atsushi discreetly pulled out his phone. With the quick movement of his fingers, a text was sent to a certain red head. 

Chuuya couldn't believe this shit. Why was he so stupid! Why would he drop all his shit to go to the agency?

Oh that was right, because it involved that idiotic mummy. 

Chuuya let another curse out from under his breath when he arrived at the agency. 

"Where is he?", he barked out when he walked inside. Atsushi pointed towards Yosano, who was waiting outside of her office. 

Chuuya didn't even thank the boy as he walked towards the doctor. 

"What happened to him?", he asked. 

Yosano quirked an eyebrow up. 

"Atsushi didn't tell you?".

"No. Fucker just said that Dazai got hurt and that was it", Chuuya huffed out.