CHAPTER 10: The food poisoning

Keeping someone's secret was hard. Knowing what it was and understanding that everyone had their own pain and struggles were making me crestfallen . Sometimes I became frantic with worries that what if Albus couldn't destroy the horcrux and Voldemort resurrects from the perdition and haunt us all over again . I always felt the urge to delate the secret to someone and help him . But then what if he was right and I could ruin his plan . All these bewildered thoughts were devouring me all day .

Everyone were so thrilled and excited for the interhouse Quidditch Cup . It was few days left . The players were practising really hard and the others were supporting and encouraging for their own houses .

But I wasn't really into sports and I spent most of the day at library isolating myself from others most importantly from Albus who always tried to talk to me for the incident happened in the forbidden forest and his dark secrets . He might be feeling ill at ease and regarding me with wariness . He gave me so much distress. Moreover I was failing in some subjects , so I needed to give some extra efforts to these subjects .

" Hey can we talk ? I was searching for you everywhere the whole day " Albus suddenly sat besides me .

" Why ? We have nothing to talk about" I tried to ignore him .

" Don't act like nothing happened" He got a bit furious .

" Hey ! you two no talking in the library " Mrs Carol , our librarian warned us .

" Ok then let's go outside " I whispered to him as I packed up my books .

" Please don't worry I won't tell anyone about your secret or whatever . It's safe with me . So, please leave me alone OK . I have so much to study . In fact I failed the recent class test " I once again reassured him .

" Thank you I believe you but what I was trying to say is that I'm really sorry for threatening you and also thank you for saving me back there. So let's be friend and we can hang out everyday . You won't be alone anymore , I guess. I can also help you study " There were no politeness in him when he spoke and I knew by "friends" he meant keeping an eye on me . It would be like being followed by a spook wherever I go .

" Whatever ! But I don't wanna be friend with you . Honestly we are very different and I really don't like you . A LOT . I have Scorpius to help with my studies and I don't want help from you who is also failing in so many subjects as I'm " I rejected him .

" Okay ! I don't like you either and Idk why I just apologized to you and thanked you . It's just a waste of time and energy . But everyone still thinks we are dating . So what shall we do about that ? " He mocked me .

" Please don't provoke me , I can expose you whenever I want " I didn't know why I couldn't forgive him already and let this to an end .But I couldn't just let my guards down for this boy because i didn't know what was up with him .

" I'm not the one who is provoking . you are provoking me " He slammed the book i was holding .

" Albus ! what are you doing to Lisa ? Leave her alone " Delphi came at the right moment .

" Lisa we have a problem and there is a house meeting . Let's go and YOU , Potter i know you spread the rumors . Don't torture my friend or else i will kill you " Delphi was my saviour .

Albus stood behind blankly staring at us running away.

" What's the problem " i asked as we ran .

" All the Hufflepuff Quidditch players were food poisoned and were all transferred at the hospital wing . i heard they are all in serious conditions . They had some snacks after their practise . Our match is on the next weekend and they won't be able to play ." Delphi explained .

" Was it a mistake or who could've done that " I asked

" Idk it's under investigation . But why could someone do something evil like this to our team ."

At the house meeting, we were told that new players will be selected . I thought the cup would be cancelled as per the situation. However for Hogwarts , maintaining the school's tradition was more important . Everyone was compulsory to attend the selection .

At my previous school , i used to be chaser but Quidditch wasn't that big of a deal . So, I had hardly played or practised before .

At the end of selection , I was selected to be a chaser but as a standby . So i was a little bit relieved that i didn't have to play much .

But this was adding up to my stress . I couldn't believe the excitement i had before joining Hogwarts . I I started to lose interest in everything . All i wanted was to learn spells, charms , potions , the beauty of magic , but not to know someone's dark secret and also become an inexperienced quidditch player .

.

.

.

.

.

.

.

.

P.S:

i love you all for staying and still supporting me . please don't forget to vote and read the next chapter .