Wounded Pride

Best friend, close friends, best friend forever- everything failed to define the relationship between Ken and Adams. They were closer enough to understand each other without speaking a word; not even words, just looks! They did not hesitate to call each other at 3 a.m. just to say he was unable to sleep. They did not feel shy to say that he loves him. You see love does not only bind two person of opposite sexes, or two generations together, but also two person of same sexes as well. It's just a feeling which cannot be expressed through kisses and sex. No! They were not gays. They were just two close friends, or maybe something more. They did not need a woman to feel special or happy; their company for each other was enough to feel the whole moment. Time flew when they texted over phone or maybe just a voice call.
Twenty they were now, career needed attention but luck preferred them to stay together. Both got jobs under the same company. Happy were they for the months which flew. From a two person company to a four seats booked dinner table, their life changed. No, not marriage just the precursor of that leap.
Just as a fully bloomed cherry tree can stand on one leg naked next year. Their blossoms unflurled within moments.
They were busy chitchatting over their boss' deed of transferring Ken to another project. A message popped up on the window screen- "Talk to you later,  Janey's calling!". Adams couldn't imagine in his wildest dreams that winter arrived so early in the autumn of his mind. "Yaa sure! Attend her"- a message flew through the virtual distance,  which now seemed closer than their souls were.
Time lost its flight;  it doesn't fly now in their chats. They grew busier now. They had no time to heal the wounded friendship or just wounded pride enveloped in tears of friendship!