Dares Welcomed

Every story has it's own dark unknown side, from the start till the end it's left undiscovered.

------------------

- 2 months later. -

- Y/N's Perspective. -

I peered through the shelves of my books, glancing at every book rested in there

I peered through the shelves of my books, glancing at every book rested in there. These books treasured fathomless, perpetual knowledge in the smooth pages with a nostalgic and appealing bibliosmia in them. Some were enclosed with a smooth and glossy cover embellished with graphics, pictures and doodles whereas some where protected by a velvet like soft cover. But amidst this bracket of knowledge my eyes attempted to detect a treasured gift.

A smile made it's way to my lips as my hand swiftly grabbed a blue velvet covered book. It was a gift from Jin. He gifted this diary to me on my birthday whilst I was training under him to become an independent lawyer. It was one of my most treasured gifts.
I brushed of the envelope of dust formed over the book over the past few months of being settled in the shelves. The book still had the nostalgic vibes of my training days under Jin. It reminded me of his windshield wiper laugh, his lame and funny jokes, his helpful guidance, his caring actions and more.

But unfortunately Jin stopped contacting me exactly after a fortnight of the disheartening news.
But I don't live under the rock to not notice his absence in the jurisdiction administration as well. Something was fishy. He considered his work very important, never missed out on any cases, did many of them in free to serve justice to many people. He was the most successful and expensive and liberal lawyer in Seoul.
His absence from the administration was a blow not only to me but everyone including other lawyers and judges too.
He was avoiding every one except for his assistant Namjoon.

- Namjoon's perspective. -

I was studying all the documents and details Jin had given me, making note side by side to assist us in the case

Since forcing a case in the court and indicating someone accountable to illegal actions without a plausible explanation, evidence, verification or documentation is a very complex procedure with many problematic tasks to be fullfilled by the sides.
Also these tasks can include bribing and other activities which are illegal in itself but there is no way to force a case of suspicion in the court without possible persuasive manifestation.