Chapter 4

**Federation was changed to Consortium

"Yes, that. Right there," Kinzie moaned over her shoulder to the masseuse. She lay face down on the table, her head turned to the side as thumbs pressed into her shoulder blades. Taking a deep breath, the smell of flowers and sun swamped her senses. Every now and then, the clink of glasses and light talking would pass the cabana where she relaxed. The hands moved lower, pressing into her lumbar curve. Kinzie arched against them.

Fingers tickled her spine then crawled further, tracing the groove between her cheeks. With every centimeter they wandered, her insides clenched, hoping they would find her aching nub. She squirmed, spreading her legs open further, hoping it would be 'one of those' kinds of massages. Kinzie gasped, then moaned low in her throat, when the finger finally teased her clit. She wanted to have these kinds of dreams all the time.

She buried her face in the table and hissed. First one digit, then two, traced the area around her inner lips. They tickled her, moving in unison, slowing working their way back to her clit. The masseuse teased the bundle of nerves, rolling across and around it, bringing it to life.

"Gods, yes," she whimpered when the two fingers found her opening and plunged in. They worked her insides, slowly at first, then gathered speed. The pleasure pulsing through her body intensified with every thrust and wiggle, the fingers finding just the right spot to make her cry into the pillow.

"Just a," she gasped. "A little more. Yes, please." Kinzie bit her lip, twisting her hips in time with the movements, taking over the motion as her release swamped her senses. Her fingers curled into the pillow her head rested on, her scream muffled by the fabric.

A heavy body came over her, shocking her awake. Kinzie looked over her shoulder as Cralen thrust himself inside of her, grunting with pleasure when he buried himself to the hilt. About to object, Cralen withdrew and trust again, hitting the sensitive spot which had just brought her so much pleasure. The words died on her lips.

Cralen lifted her hips, bringing her to her knees, her chest still pressed into the bed, and once again played with her clit. Unrelenting, he drove into her until she screamed, her body shuddering around him. He increased the pace, about to finish when Kinzie slapped his wrist, and cried, "Pull out!"

"What?"

"Pull out before you cum!"

Growling, Cralen detached himself, letting his release spill across her back. He gave a deep sigh, grabbing a cloth from the side of the bed, and wiped her back off then threw it into the corner. She was so tempting, lying there, moaning in her sleep that he couldn't help but touch her. When he'd started rubbing his hands over her back, she's responded with the sweetest mumbles. The more he played with her, the more of her scent permeated the air and drew him closer. He wanted to tease her a bit, but then she'd spread her legs and all thoughts of play fled his mind. When her first release wetted her, he'd lost his control.

Kinzie turned over, propping herself on her elbows. "I thought you were supposed to stay on that side of the bed," she indicated his spot with her thumb.

"I did, but then you started making those cute little noises and I couldn't help myself." He pouted again, since it seemed to have an effect on her the night before, as he tried to calm his racing heart. He lay back and tucked his hands under his head.

"Try harder. And next time, if there is a next time," he could see her eyes narrow as she addressed him. Oh, there would be a next time. And one after that, and so on, until they grew too old and feeble to do more than hold one another. She was his mate and he would make sure of it. Even if he did have to pretend he wasn't interested for now. "Use protection."

"Protection from what? Nothing will hurt you here."

Her eyebrows rose and his lips twitched in response to the incredulous look she gave him. "Protection from breeding."

"I thought birth control was a standard shot for all Consortium employees." He reached over and ran his fingers through her hair. It was soft and wispy. Cralen longed to feel it against his chest as much as he longed for this awkward conversation to be over. Sliding his arm under her back, he tugged on her, attempting to move her closer.

"It makes me sick. The first and only time I received it, I ended up in the hospital for a month, too sick to keep any food in my stomach."

A soft dinging sounded through the room. Saved by the bell.

"What was that?" Kinzie asked.

"The wakeup alarm for rollcall. The warships are run on a disciplined military schedule. Another alarm will go off in fifteen minutes. Then we have formation, morning training, breakfast, duties, and etcetera."

"Do I have to be anywhere special?"

Cralen's eyebrows snapped together. "Not that I know of. Breakfast is at o' eight hundred."

Kinzie made a retching noise when he said the time. "Good, I'm going back to sleep." She grabbed the pillow, rolling away from him, and by all appearances dozed off. What he wouldn't give to stay in bed all morning with her. Cralen sighed and tossed aside the covers, preparing to start his day.