chapter 5

I yawn as I attempt to get up to hell. Oh did I say hell I meant school, silly me. It's way to freaking early to be up, it's only just starting to get light out, not to mention the fact that I hate mornings. I would much rather be nocturnal, everything is better at night.

        Time for the usual morning routine. Mumble curse words and stuff about hating mornings while I make my way to the bathroom. Check. Now pee, brush teeth, and attempt to tame my mess of hair. Ok, done. Wait, What do I wear!?

        "Wren, hurry up or I won't drive you to school!" My mom threatened from downstairs. Ah crap, that means I'd have to take the school bus and no way in hell is that happening.

                                                                              ***

        "Mom I'm turning on the radio, ok? k cool." I said not even bothering to wait for answer. I reach for the power button on the car radio. My mom swatts my hand away with her free one.        

        "But honey, I wanted to talk to you!"

        "We can talk as soon as you put you're hand back on the steering wheel." I counter as we stop at a red light, and she does as I told her. "Good, now what are we talking about?"

        "I just wanted to see what you thought of our new neighbors. So?" My mom said, giving me a look. Oh god this better not be going where I think it is.

        "They seem really, nice. You and Liz seem like you get along well." I told her, hoping to avoid the e

inevitable.

        "Ya we seemed to really hit it off, soooo, what about Luke? What do you think about him?" Bingo, there it is. I knew she would ask that. I guess it's time for me to set the record straight.

        "Do you really want to know what I think of him?" She gave me an encouraging nod, so I continued. " I think that he's an annoying little twat who needs to get out of my life and has to stop stealing things that belonged to Jess, like her house."

        "Oh, I guess I was expecting a different answer than that."

        "Well sorry to disappoint." And with that I got out of the car and walked up the steps to school.