Chapter 19.5 - Secret Admirer

Locks in the golden sunshine as the pink petals cascaded down onto the ground around her figure. She dances, swaying perfectly in the wind, completely in sync with the gentle hum of the strings. Oblivious to the world around her. The calming aroma of chamomile tea filled the air and his lungs, a drastic contrast to the upbeat chaotic beat of the Japanese instrument and her erratic movements as she almost effortlessly seemed to keep up with the flow. 

What was most intriguing wasn't that.

She was smiling. She was clearly breathing heavy breaths of air as she struggled to keep up but yet she made it look so effortless. 

She was clearly enjoying herself.

The sun had just begun to set and it only added on to her beauty and her surroundings. As if the universe were painting a perfect picture that only he and the older woman playing the instrument had to witness. 

It was the world's gift to him.

A definition of true beauty.

///

The school bell snapped him out of his daze as Tanaka grabbed his shoulder roughly. School had just ended and Nishinoya was definitely not paying any attention to whatever the teacher was droning on about.

"Yo let's go." Tanaka said happily as he tapped Noya's shoulder.

Noya didn't give much of a response other than nodding and packing up his stuff.

///

Mid Autumn Festival and he was out and about with his volleyball team. Chidoriyama's volleyball boy's team and a few of the girls from the girl's team. A usual outing but what was always the norm was the missing girl's team libero. The two teams would hangout to go to the festival and enjoy what celebrations it had to offer but what Noya always found odd was how you were always missing every year.

Curiosity killed the cat and Noya went around on his own looking for the mysterious little female libero whom he always had a crush on. At first it was because he found you pretty cute but after a while it developed into something greater...

He began to secretly watch your games and he admire you for them. 

Your tenacity and silent resilience. 

He always believed that a good libero is one nobody noticed and you thought him that. Nobody noticed you and so too did your team mates mock you but you did not give in. You continued to play the role despite the backlash you got for it so he knew whatever Mei had said about you couldn't be true. That you would just give up on them.

You were so small. Standing on a court with gigantic opponents and yet you tried. All he needed to see was that you were trying and it was enough for him. He completely fell into the palm of your hand unbeknownst to you.

The very person you had admired...

Had admired you too... 

///

Hello, Friends! It's me, author-chan. 

I would like to thank everyone for supporting the book and for being so patient with me...

I really appreciate it!

Thank you, everyone and I hope it had been to your liking so far!

p.s Here's a lil sneaky peek :)